• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shirley deposit in.

Lastrajm

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So was finally able to send Paul my deposit for the smoker. A damn shame we weren't able to get closed on my house back in May when Paul and I had a conversation, alas he's backed up into late December now. Oh well, still looking forward to the build! Here's what we talked about so far:
48" with Wagon wheels w a front axle for easy movement,
Warmer box w damper, charcoal tray and an extra 3rd shelf a bit lower to be able to stand up a bird, Make it 3/8" all around.
A couple things I may add on are a damper from firebox into warmer box and would like to see if Paul can install a bottle opener for me somewhere on the unit. Very excited and can not wait(have no choice though)!!!

awesome! i am also waiting for mine. the suspense has been hardcore lol

The waiting is not too bad and it will be here soon. We have been having fun learning the cooker. I just finished some beef jerky in the warmer, some smoked baloney and a couple racks of ribs.

We got the cabinet model and I love the extra room and ease to get into the chamber.

Welcome to the family

Yeah, I figure this time of year time flies anyway, especially for me: my anniversary, wife and mines birthday, then thanksgiving then both my kids birthday in mid December. It'll be January before I know it.

Congrat on the cooker. Wait till you see it in person. It is so worth the wait. You will be amazed at how easy it is to cook on. Welcome to the ever growing Shirley family

Congratulations! I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :-D

I sent a deposit in August, but unexpected bill have been killing me. I asked Paul if I could go on a "lay away" plan, and he was super understanding. I will be able to make the final payment and pick up my rig in the spring (thinking mid March). Now that is a wait. It will be well worth it though! Happy waiting!!

Congrats, best value for your money. I'm arranging shipping as we speak. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to find a Uship deal, so Crater's and Freighter's will handle it. Two month wait is not really that bad and time goes fast if you're busy with other things. Best of luck.

have you witnessed one of his pits in person?

Nope, going strictly on word of mouth. Had a conversation with him back in May,could not of been more impressed with Paul. Super nice guy, great speaking with him even if this Yankee could barely make out that southern drawl:icon_smile_tongue: lol.

Wise choice on laying your deposit down, been hearing nothing but great things about SF Cookers.
Would be cool to have a cook out with all of us who are on the waiting list.
Going to be January for our cabinet model. Digging the idea of the bottle opener!

Awesome! You're getting one of the best built and designed pits in the country, you'll have many years of great Q in your future!:thumb:

Back