Wilmington grills??

krex1010

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So my stepdad told me he has a nice grill sitting in the back of his garage that he never uses, it's called a Wilmington Grill, I think it's a Cape Fear model? He says it's all heavy duty stainless.....does anyone have any experience with these things? I may try and clean it up and get it going when I go down to NC to visit, just curious if these grills are worth the effort.

Their website makes them seem impressive. Maybe it won't need much to get it going, seeing that it has stainless burners.

Is this a "doesn't get used much so it needs to be rescued from it's current home" type of situation? If so, sounds like a score!

BIL has one. I've eaten many a meal cooked on it. He even let me cook a prime rib on it on out last visit.

It is a damned fine gas grill, but it is not a smoker and I don't think you can make it into a smoker. I sure wouldn't turn it down!!!!

I know it's a gasser, looks almost like an outdoor gas oven the way it's layed out, looks like the flame is kept completely away from whatever you're cooking.. I'm probably going to try it out when I visit, I'm not looking to take it but when I visit everyone wants me to BBQ (yep the north carolinans like my yankeeQ lol I take it as a compliment). Anyways thanks for the info

If it's designed with indirect heat, then maybe you actually could figure out how to make it smoke! Maybe it's some sort of offset gas burner :tongue:. If you can get at the burners, then throw some chips in a box and lay it near them. It might come out all right considering you'd basically have yourself a smoking oven.

If you end up nailing the cook on it, make sure to let him know that it was the most difficult, temperamental, SOB you ever cooked on. You only got through the ordeal because you reminded yourself that all must end eventually, and because of copious amounts of beer to numb the pain in the meantime. Then offer the obligatory offer of disposal. :mrgreen: If you're not looking to take it, tell him you have friends that can get rid of it...

Back