Beer Exchange treats?

cb25

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Our little group of friends does a beer exchange - the idea was to get a bunch of different beers, then count them down through the holiday season - a sort of Beer Advent calendar that we all share and discuss.

This year we're hosting the exchange at our house, and I was nominated to smoke some tasty treats. I don't believe the intent is to have a large meal, but I'm thinking lots of little things.

I was thinking a good pork butt so we can do pulled pork sliders (wife makes a mayo-free coleslaw that would go well with it).

Beyond that...I'm unsure.

I've done the Oakridge HDD wings before, and may do some of those as well.

Any ideas for easy to eat, easy to serve smoky treats for my friends? Maybe pig-shots?

Also, any recommendations for things to serve with the PP sliders? I was thinking a good supply of the wife's cole slaw, maybe some pickles...any other necessary additions, condiments, etc?

Pig Shots, ABT's... Today for the company holiday luncheon, I brought bacon wrapped chicken wings with Jerk Sauce. They dissappeared very quickly from the table...

I like to do beer pairings with my BBQ sometimes - the last one was a brisket with a RIS (Russian Imperial Stout). Something with dark chocolate malts... Delicious.

Smoked cheeses such as gouda.

Fatties. Smoked, sliced, quartered, tooth picked. Dipping sauces on the side.

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm all in on the PP sliders for sure. I'll probably end up with HDD wings also. Really want to try the pig shots and abts but I'm being told we're already planning too much food.

I may just sneak a fatty on the pit for a little something extra.

Mike - I'll see if I can pry the recipe away from the wife. It's pretty simple, and has been a big hit. We have a friend who DETESTS mayo. So this recipe was born of trying to accomodate him - it's more a vinegar/oil based, and it's quite tasty.

Back