PBC Thermometer Location

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Here's where mine are for last year.

Last edited:
I don't have a pbc but have seen the cooks you do with yours Adams. I'd say you have no need for those. :grin:

And the message here is............................??

Oh, you'd just have had to have been here once upon a time. I see you live in Louisiana. That is a cool State.

I guess I'm here a little too late to say:

frabz-i-see-what-you-did-there-97ec1f.jpg

I get the message. I'm just stubborn about some things.
Cibelo

And you know what?? There's not a dam thing wrong with that. That's what makes this place great. Only you can be you better than anyone else.

Temperatures (ambient) wind, humidity, coal lighting method, age of coal- (I never use used in PBC by sifting always fresh, coals exposed to humidity, both rebar in, no rebars in, lid cracked , no cracked, then there are cattle sheep swine variations and their sizes etc Etc

I've found all these and more can affect a cook in all my cookers. But and I mean a big ol Boston Butt,!if I'm cooking for a crowd or cooking to take to a friend, 99% of the time I will use The PBC. It's that good And I'm that confident in the cooker. And that is why my thermometers are on the shelf.

Merry Christmas and smoke on brother

Last edited:
One great PBC tip:

Once you've cooked on your hooks, insert grate and there is usually plenty of fire remaining for Nekkid Fattys and meatloaf ;-))

Last edited:
In the beginning, the proponents and defenders were hammered rather hard for singing the virtues of The PBC. One or two even left the forum. And they were great cooks. I learned, at the young age "it takes two to argue". I guess what got my goat was that those discussions a year or two ago became highlighted by Bretheren hammering THe PBC who freely admitted that they had never cooked on nor owned one.

Now that us PBC owners have multiplied exponentially, serious discussions can be had as to the pros and cons. That's why I started this "ambiguous observational somewhat tongue in cheek" as original post. To stay out of his way.

That poster has genuine concerns that I hope he gets serious answers to.

Following PBC instructions the only Mod I've made is I SWAG and go 25%lump75%quality all natural briquettes and add smok'n wood right before I set the hooks.

Back