Mexican Mesquite Hardwood (Might be lump) charcoal question

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mexican Mesquite Hardwood (Might be lump) charcoal at local Mexican Groceria question. The package is in Spanish so that doesn't help me as well as my Spanish is pretty bad. so I reduce myshelf to Sign language charades when talking to the help. I was there last week and they had fairly large bags for $4.99. I think 10lbs bags maybe larger. I have had a conversation with BobBrisket and he says it rocks. Can any other chime if you like it or not? i guess I could by a bg and smoke a couple fatties....

I buy the mesquite lump from the mexican meat markets here all the time. I've always had really good luck with it. Great stuff! That's about what I pay also.

Does this have a brand name to it? I could probably translate the info for you, if I knew what to look for....

I like to use Mexican Mesquite Lump when im grilling and I pay like $15 for a 40 lb bag. I don't think it tastes very good in the smoker and its kind of a bi%^& to keep temps during long cooks with. On the other hand, its great for grilling steak and chicken in the kettle.

Back