Wedding cook

Pete's Meat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My brother-in-law asked me to smoke some meat for his wedding coming up.
We decided in brisket and pulled chicken for 60ish people, all adults.
Somehow I came up with the notion that I need to cook 3 briskets. Does that sound right for 60 people?
What about chicken? I plan on splitting the birds in half for the cook. I'm just wondering how much I need to cook.
There are going to be other sides, and plenty of them. I just want to make sure there's enough meat.

I would guestimate on 1/3 pound brisket (20 pounds cooked) and 1/4 chicken per person. 2 briskets about 15 pounds each after trimming should be enough. 15 chickens quartered should also be enough. I go 15 percent over just in case, so I would go with 3 briskets about 12 pounds each and 18 whole chickens, quartered. You should wind up with about 24 pounds of brisket. I would cut up some of the chicken into pieces in case anyone doesn't want a quarter. You might want to go a little higher in case 60ish turns into 70ish. Just my .02 hope it helps

Sounds good. I'll stick with my 3 briskets then, I think I was using he same numbers when I came up with it, but couldn't remember how I got there.

I was only going to 1/2 the chickens for cooking purpose, then I'm going to pull the meat for sandwiches if people want. Should I shoot for 24 lbs of cooked and pulled chicken so I have about the same of chicken and brisket?

Back