Your Fantasy BBQ Throwdown

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you had the chance to compete in a televised BBQ competition and could pick two meats to cook and three well know competition cooks to compete against what would be your chices?

Bonus question: if you could also pick the judges, who would that be?

For those who are not into competitions or think that TV comp shows are silly and staged, let's say that just for competing you would receive $100,000 to donate to your favorite charity.

Last edited:
I'd say the Swedish Bikini Team vs. Team Hooters vs. Hawaiin Tropic Girls.
I'd like the Judges to be Me and who cares who else.........

Smitty beat me to the snark, but I was thinking that I'd like Selma Hayek, Scarlett Johansson, and Robin Meade to judge my meat.

Brisket, Full spares. I don't follow competitions, so the only one I have heard of is Myron. I would want the judges to be people off the street....no KCBS guys!

Hmmmmm, Let's see...

Meats: Spares and hog Or duck breast and Ostrich

Competitors: Ernest Servantes, Ray Lampe, Paul Kirk

Judges: Doesn't matter.

Ok, I want to play! When's my show going to tape?..lol:p

I
Hmmmmm, Let's see...

Meats: Spares and hog Or duck breast and Ostrich

Competitors: Ernest Servantes, Ray Lampe, Paul Kirk

Judges: Doesn't matter.

Ok, I want to play! When's my show going to tape?..lol:p

It's your fantasy cookoff so you get to pick the date.

Really? No one else wants to share their thoughts? Thought this would be fun even if people hate the theatrics of the BBQ TV shows.

Fantasy BBQ Throwdown? yeah- about that...

I'd say the Swedish Bikini Team vs. Team Hooters vs. Hawaiin Tropic Girls.
I'd like the Judges to be Me and who cares who else.........

I'd like a spot at SmittyJonz' judging table. In all honesty, I don't care to see any of the "big names" do any cooking competitions. No meats, No equipment, no setting that anyone here could come up with would trump 3 teams of lovelies doing everything with their power to get my vote.:thumb:

But all of you who want to see some fellas jump up and down and fist pump cause "my fire is at the perfect temp"...y'all go ahead on.:-D

Hey, I thought you have more takers too. it is an interesting idea..oh- I got to go- one of the ladies from the Swedish Bikini team is making her presentation. I don't know what she is saying but I really like the way she's saying it.

brb...

The big surprise is that only a couple of folks took advantage of the opportunity to raise 100,000 fantasy dollars for their favorite charity. I guess comp shows are just that out of favor with the Brethren. Lesson learned. LOL.

Me vs. JD Davidsmeyer, Junior Urias, and Michael Character

Judged by Toast, AussieTitch, and Bob C Cue

ya'll bring the beer, and ill bring the smoke :becky:

Me vs. JD Davidsmeyer, Junior Urias, and Michael Character

Judged by Toast, AussieTitch, and Bob C Cue

ya'll bring the beer, and ill bring the smoke :becky:

Thanks for playing! Do you want to pick the two meats or just go with what they give you?

Really? No one else wants to share their thoughts? Thought this would be fun even if people hate the theatrics of the BBQ TV shows.

Why would I want the privilege of donating $100k to charity when I could pay off the mortgage? Or the charity is me. I think it's a sham with all the celebs donating the prize to charity. Even if they actually pony up its still a tax write off into their pockets and the corporation writing off the prize money.

Smoke and mirrors, shiny objects hypnotize the mind.

Brisket & Pork loin No injections allowed Select grade/ unenhanced meat & Weber kettles
Me VS Myron Mixon, Michale Character & and the heifer from Sugars BBQ
judges, Arron Franklin,Cowgirl & oldbill
Let the asswhippin begin

Why would I want the privilege of donating $100k to charity when I could pay off the mortgage? Or the charity is me. I think it's a sham with all the celebs donating the prize to charity. Even if they actually pony up its still a tax write off into their pockets and the corporation writing off the prize money.

Smoke and mirrors, shiny objects hypnotize the mind.
So that's a no then?

Brisket & Pork loin No injections allowed Select grade/ unenhanced meat & Weber kettles
Me VS Myron Mixon, Michale Character & and the heifer from Sugars BBQ
judges, Arron Franklin,Cowgirl & oldbill
Let the asswhippin begin

ok...I said there was no combination of big name cooks/meats/circumstances that I was interested in. I was wrong- that is a competition I'd like to see- pay to attend (and buy the dvd). I'm on board. You obviously included Character as comedic relief- and I'm ok with that.:-D

Back