• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need Some BB Rib reheating tips?????

azfireman

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I need to make 4-5 slabs of BB ribs for new years but I have to cook them proir to the party any special tips or techniques??????? I was going to to do 3-2 and put them in the oven unfoiled bone side down at the party. Anybody have some advise. Happy New Year

How long do you plan on holding them? I have foiled them then put them in my thermo bag with towels or a hot cooler and had them stay warm for several hours. BTW Give me a call some time, we haven't hooked up in a while.

John

i always put my bbq in a coleman cooler and then put old towels on top but wrap them in foil. They should stay hot for hours. They also will continue cooking while in the cooler

I would say cook as normal, but do not sauce at any point. When it's time to reheat them, in the oven at around 300 degrees will do it. Once again, no sauce... maybe at the end if you like cooking them with sauce on, but I would sauce them after they're out of the heat.

The only exception to the above would be if you're using a sauce that's very low in sugar content.

I would say cook as normal, but do not sauce at any point. When it's time to reheat them, in the oven at around 300 degrees will do it. Once again, no sauce... maybe at the end if you like cooking them with sauce on, but I would sauce them after they're out of the heat.

The only exception to the above would be if you're using a sauce that's very low in sugar content.

That is how I do them too, what are you thinking....45 minutes or an hour?

Probably less, in the past when I've reheated them this way I did 1/4 or 1/3 slabs and about 20-25 minutes was enough to get them hot. I'm sure a full slab will take more time, but not much.

Then again this is in my oven to my desired temperature, gotta see what works for you. I would start checking at the 15-20 minute mark though.

Above times reflect pre-heated oven.

Thanks guys you rock. Newbie I will call you soon. I want to have a get together after the first of the year I will let ya know and Merry (belated) X-Mas.

I usually foil them and throw them in a 250 degree oven for about an hour - we like them falling off the bone and that usually does it.

I would keep the foil on and finish in the oven, unfoiling only in the last part if you plan on saucing or mopping. Otherwise keep in foil till you serve. You might even wish to try putting sauce on some of them before reheating for "wet" ribs. Some folks really like it this way, though not me.

Back