Pulled Pork in a 22" Weber-temp control issue

It was smoky. Tasted like Pork. Bone came out easy. Just bought kassa pullers. It didn't work great. Didn't pull easily.

Blame the pig or the packer, was it one that was enhanced? I never buy that stuff they shoot the juice to. it's either mushy of gets tough and sometimes both.

When you go to snake around again, just get it running pretty good 1st, like up above where you want to cook at.....
It seems like when these things stall out is 1) the start is a little slow or too cool, or 2) trying to run just a little low on heat....if everything's right, like charcoal type, weather, start of burn & such, then it will run OK at a lower heat...if any one thing is out of alignment, it tanks.....

When you go to snake around again, just get it running pretty good 1st, like up above where you want to cook at.....
It seems like when these things stall out is 1) the start is a little slow or too cool, or 2) trying to run just a little low on heat....if everything's right, like charcoal type, weather, start of burn & such, then it will run OK at a lower heat...if any one thing is out of alignment, it tanks.....
What I do is put 10 lit coals on the snake then put the meat on and close the lid.
I don't wait for the temp to hit 225 before i put the meat on.

What I do is put 10 lit coals on the snake then put the meat on and close the lid.
I don't wait for the temp to hit 225 before i put the meat on.

I do it like that sometimes, but it's likely better to let it run for awhile to heat up the cooker bell, the grates & be a little hotter than you want to cook at to account for the cold meat......

Think about indoor oven recipes, they almost always say : "pre-heat oven to______"

Just as an experiment, next time try letting it run all open for about 20~30 minutes first, then add food....see what happens.....probably would cut off a good hour or even more of your cook.....:wink:

I haven't got up in the middlle ofthe night to start a cook in more ears than I can remember meat on before 9 diner at 5 Cooking H&F isnliek flying first class at economy rates and Good night s sleep Priceless

It was smoky. Tasted like Pork. Bone came out easy. Just bought kassa pullers. It didn't work great. Didn't pull easily.

IF it didn't pull easily, I'd say at least part of it was undercooked at a bit. Did it seem like it was just one part/side that didn't pull easily ?

You have a lot of good advice above from a lot more experienced smokers than me. However, I will share the details of a recent cook I did.

I smoked an 8 pound pork butt on the kettle with a 2x2x1 ring. I started it off with about 10 briquettes. No water pan. Temp was around 300 for most of the cook. Wrapped in foil when the bark got the color I wanted. I put it on around 10:00 am and pulled it off around 4:30 or 5 and let it rest for an hour or two. Everyone loved it.

Give it another shot. That is part of the fun of BBQ.

Back