grill dome vs UDS

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I found a large grill dome with table for 275. I have a kamado, but have been looking for ability to do longer burns without adding more coal that you can get with the ceramic smokers. I have used a BGE, do the grill domes cook comparatively? I am also considering making a UDS or two. I figure i could make two and a table to go with them for the same price. I know everyone has their favorites, UDS or grill dome?

Man I love my Uds and wouldn't trade my Eggs for anything. If Dome is a good deal get it and csrounge for drum parts as time passes. Don't come across a good price on ceramics every day.

I'm sooo in love with my uds! I had a kamado for years then in a move it was... well lets just say its in a better place now:cry: you cant go wrong with a uds. long burns are no problem.:cool:

i may call and see about it tomorrow. Do the grill domes handle any differently than BGEs?

You really don't want that Grill Dome. They really aren't worth a flip. However, if you would buy it and hold it for a brother it is bound to bring you good karma!!!

You really don't want that Grill Dome. They really aren't worth a flip. However, if you would buy it and hold it for a brother it is bound to bring you good karma!!!
I have considered doing that. Problem is, I have a tendency to hang on to things i buy and "hold" until others want them. :oops: That is how i have ended up with three smokers and three grills as well. Whats one more.......:-D

The owner said the paint is chipped and flaked on the top. Is this the sign of temps too high? or does that matter with the ceramic cookers? Also, can I just paint it again, like a kamado, or not?

Might go to their forum and look over threads or sigm up and ask.

Back