FEC 100 and Treager 075 question

Sure can. As a matter of fact if you have 400W inverter I think you can start them all at the same time and not trip a fault. I know I have run my two tailgators on a 12v setup.

Ok...I bought a 500 watt inverter and a deep cycle marine/rv battery. It fired up the traeger 075 like budda. Do you think it would run both pits for a two day cook? or is that asking a lot?

Hmmm I never run both for a full two days.... Do you have time to try to run them for a cycle and see how it does? You could also snag one of those solar chargers from Sam's club - I bet that would be able to keep up if the battery wasnt enough...

Ok...I bought a 500 watt inverter and a deep cycle marine/rv battery. It fired up the traeger 075 like budda. Do you think it would run both pits for a two day cook? or is that asking a lot?

I know how to find out the answer to that question.

Like others said, yes you can run the FEC and Traegers off a 12v invertor.

I know that after the Traeger starts it only draws like 50 watts, not sure on the FEC100.

I have run my Traegers off 12v several times, just make sure you have a decent invertor that provides clean power.

Pete

Like others said, yes you can run the FEC and Traegers off a 12v invertor.

I know that after the Traeger starts it only draws like 50 watts, not sure on the FEC100.

I have run my Traegers off 12v several times, just make sure you have a decent invertor that provides clean power.

Pete

Yes, I believe the igniter uses 350W for 5min or less. Then the fan on the FEC uses less than 50w, I think. I'm sure someone with more brainpower than I have on a Sunday afternoon... could take the power rating for your battery, and come up with the theoretical output.... Or you could buy a 30pack and figure it out on your own :rolleyes: in depth testing.

Yea, start the eddy, then after it is rollin, start the traeger. Or test the overload capacity of that inverter :)

i run fec100 with inverter and marine deep cycle battery no problems

Pete

Pete, can you tell me what sized inverter, and I assume it is a pure sine wave inverter, you are using on your Traeger? I'm looking to make my small Traeger Jr. into a tailgater, but the guy at Traeger stated it requires a 400W inverter, which cost as much as my barbecue. I'm trying to find out if it's 400W max, and it needs to be like a 150W continuous. Really would be interested in what you're using.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Awesome thread - I hook up a trickle charger (solar panel) to my deep cycles...they never seem to run out - I have (2) wired in series.

Back