Supercharged blackstone steak(cooked rare)

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well, it's bee a while since I've posted.

I LOVE my blackstone, but for some reason my unit never really got to the temps I wanted for a good sear while staying rare throughout except a thin layer outside.

Soooo.... while I don't recommend this to everybody I put a 10 psi regulator on it. Now, unless I switch to the stock regulator, I leave all burners on high and use the cutoff valve on the new regulator to control the amount of flame. This setup allows me to get extremely hot if I wish and it's pretty equal all over.

Again....definitely NOT recommended. I enjoy the stock regulator for most everything else other than when high temps are needed. It also allows me to cut some burners off which the turbo regulator WILL NOT allow unless you wanna hear the sound of your burners scream as they glow white hot and ultimately fail.

Long story not so short...here are the fruits of my experiments.

I love a post who's theme is pretty much "Don't try this at home". I am not that mechanically gifted, and will not, so I will relish in the accomplishments of others. VERY nice looking results.

I love a post who's theme is pretty much "Don't try this at home".

f1b9c60851ff395141f8941a583b765e.jpg

You need an adjustable regulator on there that way you can dial it up or down as you need. That way you're not just stuck at low or at ludicrous speed. Tractor supply has them at a reasonable price if you have one near you. Nice steak though!!!

You need an adjustable regulator on there that way you can dial it up or down as you need. That way you're not just stuck at low or at ludicrous speed. Tractor supply has them at a reasonable price if you have one near you. Nice steak though!!!

Hmmm..... I shall do that promptly!! Thank you.

My biggest problem at first was not having a clue as to what the psi was in the first place, but had seen others use this particular regulator with success. I like the idea of having just a bit more than 5 than BOOM 10 psi.

Back