• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber grills

Not sure, but I checked Amazon for the Q1200 and it was the same price. I'd probably go with the more known store...

Assuming you are talking about gassers, I would avoid Weber. They ain't what they used to be. There are better options.

Buy a 20 year old Weber gasser with bad burners and grate on Craigslist for $25. Buy new burners and grate from Weber for $100. You'll have 1/4 of the money spent on a gasser worth triple of most new units.

Either buy a used Weber, previous generation or earlier. Sometimes you can score a use Broil Master on CL. Or if wanting new, look at Broil King (different company than Broil Master). Those are about your only real options for quality gassers in the sub $1000 range.

Either buy a used Weber, previous generation or earlier. Sometimes you can score a use Broil Master on CL. Or if wanting new, look at Broil King (different company than Broil Master). Those are about your only real options for quality gassers in the sub $1000 range.

Are the Broil King grills Made in the USA?

I'll take a 10 Year burner 10 Year grate 10 Year flavor bars warranty all day. I would not hesitate on a new Weber. Not many companies offer that kinda of guarantee. I don't own a broil king but have read some good reviews on them. I will say comparing the companies warranties are like comparing apples and oranges. 10 years vs 1 Year = No brainer

Correction: Broil Kings warranty is not 1 Year as pointed out in post below.

Last edited:
I replaced my 1999 vintage Weber gasser with a new Genesis about a year and a half ago. It is twice the grill the old one was. More cooking area, better ignition, better heat control, two stainless steel shelves, and some covered storage underneath. All for the same price I paid back in 1999.

I'll take a 10 Year burner 10 Year grate 10 Year flavor bars warranty all day. I would not hesitate on a new Weber. Not many companies offer that kinda of guarantee. I don't own a broil king but have read some good reviews on them. I will say comparing the companies warranties are like comparing apples and oranges. 10 years vs 1 Year = No brainer
What are you talking about? My BK Regal has 10 years on burners and lifetime on cast parts.

Buy a 20 year old Weber gasser with bad burners and grate on Craigslist for $25. Buy new burners and grate from Weber for $100. You'll have 1/4 of the money spent on a gasser worth triple of most new units.
That's what I would do. if I were to stoop and use a gasser...

On youtube checking out all the video for the Broil King Regal and Imperial grills.

10 year warranty on the burners and 2 year on parts and paint.

Look like Weber got a better warranty on their grills.

WEBER® GENESIS® II SERIES WARRANTIES

Cookbox 10 years, no rust through/burn through (2 years paint excluding fading or discoloration)

Lid assembly 10 years, no rust through/burn through (2 years paint excluding fading or discoloration)

Stainless steel burners 10 years, no rust through/burn through

Stainless steel cooking grates 10 years, no rust through/burn through

Stainless steel Flavorizer bars 10 years, no rust through/burn through

Ignition system (module, electrode assembly, wiring, and switch) 10 years, ignition start (excluding battery and battery damage)

Grease management system (slide-out grease tray and catch pan) 10 years, no rust through/burn through

Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates 5 years, no rust through/burn through

Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer bars 5 years, no rust through/burn through

All remaining parts 2 years

Back