Just a Ribeye!

I admit that I'm a gas head! I have enjoyed the few things I've cooked in the past year on charcoal (can only think of 2 charcoal grill cooks) But I like the food from the gasser equally well.

I like the infrared grill grates on my gasser because while I'm cooking on one side I can crank up the heat on the opposite side and throw wood chips right on top of the grate. No need for foil packs and wood chip burning devices.

This is how I got into adding smoke to my foods. I remember times I could cook ribs for 2-3 hours indirect with wood chips. Then it lead to wanting to make real BBQ.

I really want to buy a Weber kettle for charcoal grilling. But I'll be completely honest with you I think everyone around me thinks I might be a little crazy about BBQ and outside cookers as I have 3 smokers a grill and griddle.

But I'm going on a beach vacation, and Everybody that is involved with the trip is telling me I should have some way to grill or smoke food while I'm there. Thought about buying a kettle or something to take with us! Might be the reason to pull the trigger

I just bought a brand new gasser :)

been looking at them grill grates,,they as good as they say they are ?

Fantastic, simply fantastic!! Hope you had a real good red wine as well!!!

In my personal opinion they create a good sear and as far as I know they stay pretty even temp wise. When it was new and the gauges worked on it. The infrared style grates had no real hot/cold spots unless you had the burners set to different levels. But after years sitting outside I guess the temp gauges just don't work anymore. I just cook the food til its done pretty much.

My biggest problem I have with my grates is the drain holes for the grates. They get gunked up pretty easy and I have to take a butter knife and slide through them every so often. Just tedious work. Maybe this is something they changed later down the line as this was one of the first infrared style gas grills a few years back.

Other than that I really like grill. It's just a charbroil gasser from wal-mart. Works great even sitting out in the weather for so many years.

If you are talking about the GrillGrates, they are, well, great. I loved them on my gasser. Great for burgers and chicken, then flip them over and finish off a reverse seared steak on the flat, griddle like bottom. Put a great sear over the entire steak.

I gave mine away with my gasser to my friend. I am seriously thinking of ordering them for the WSCG, but waiting for a sale.

Back