$30K smoker stolen from South Jersey BBQ

So sorry to hear this.
It's amazing how little regard some can have for another's property.

If is see or hear of anything in my part of NJ I will be sure to let you know.

That is sad and sickening. Sounds like someone had really been studying to take it due to the locks and boot. Too bad they couldn't have caught them on video.

Geez, that's a bummer.

Two times in five years?

Time to rethink and adapt.

I would have placed a video camera pointing to the location they stored it after the first time. Some people suck and I hate thieves.

I hope they can recover it again. Can you get insurance on an expensive rig like that?

Definitely sucks!
I have never been to Fat Jacks despite it being relatively close by. I have heard they have some pretty good BBQ.

Completely agree with those that mentioned security cameras and GPS tracker.
Both would have been on and aimed at that trailer after it was stolen the first time.

I would have placed a video camera pointing to the location they stored it after the first time. Some people suck and I hate thieves.

I hope they can recover it again. Can you get insurance on an expensive rig like that?

I'm not sure about the theft aspect, but I know when I was researching food/catering insurance, it covered equipment and you could select the $$ amount of equipment you wanted to cover. I would assume it to be covered, but the big issue is that you can't just run to Home Depot and pick up another one...

Back