Treager Texas Pro Series or Yoder YS640?

Yoder. The build quality is night and day over Traeger. Just look at the weight difference between the 640 and the Pro. 335 lbs vs. 165 lbs.

Also, with the 2nd shelf added to the 640, you will have 1070 square inches of cooking space vs. 892 on the Pro.

Yoder without a doubt. I did all the research earlier this year. Have not bought the YS640 yet, am going to buy from a distributor in Tenn. when I am there this fall.

This is a little like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes. We'd all love a Mercedes, but we can't all afford one. For the record, while I hear Traeger owners wish to upgrade to a Yoder, I don't actually hear a lot of specific complaints about their actual cooking capabilities. That said, I'd also vote for the Yoder. :becky:

Thats what I wanted to hear:)

I have two Primo Oval XL (kamado) smokers/grills but I want more and something else. Have heard a lot of good stuff about Yoder and i`ve got the money to buy one, so maybe that`s the one im gonna get. The Treager looks/feels so cheap and "trash" compared to the solid Yoder.

If I'm going to buy a pellet pooper I'd buy a MAK and I wouldn't look back. :rockon:

Not sure i understand the new traeger lineup and the pro vs elite version of the texas. Regardless though, the Yoder is a lot heavier and nicer unit. Money aside, I'd definitely go with the yoder. If you want to stay closer to the lower price point I'd look at rectec which is similar to the traeger but significantly upgraded

I have a MAK and love it but the Yoder is a beautiful machine for the price. American made with pride.

I use a Yoder at the restaurant I run. Solid unit even in winter. Just cover it with a welding blanket and you can cook any time you want

i dont have either but...

if I did, it would be the yoder. They have a better.name I believe.

Back