• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wings, Tri-tip and Hatch chiles...

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Got totally bummed yesterday with my arm in a sling for 5 weeks. Today I roasted hatch chiles on my Large Egg, then made an awesome sauce. Then I cooked wings on my Backwoods Chubby (about 270-300), then cooked a tri-tip steak on my MAK 1 Star with GrillGrates. Came out really nice. For me, that is how to get out of a slump :)

Nice work there Marty. Rotator cuff? I like the chilies going directly on the coals. Gotta try that next time.
I just did a couple of batches here recently but my Ralph's had them labeled as Anaheim's but the produce guy told me they were Hatch and let me bite into one. They were definitely Hatch. Anaheim chilies are much prettier but the Hatch have a better flavor for sure.

Great one-handed cook right there!

Hoping for a quick mend for you brother!

plated%20close_zpsfbrrw1qg.jpg

I'm all in Marty! :hungry:

The Fugitive didn't do it. The one armed man did. That was you, wasn't it????

Fantastic

I'd hit that with both my arms in slings - just put my face right down in it! Great looking stuff as usual Marty!

Got totally bummed yesterday with my arm in a sling for 5 weeks. Today I roasted hatch chiles on my Large Egg, then made an awesome sauce. Then I cooked wings on my Backwoods Chubby (about 270-300), then cooked a tri-tip steak on my MAK 1 Star with GrillGrates. Came out really nice. For me, that is how to get out of a slump :)

OH SWEET!

Roasting the chiles on the coals themselves in a BGE (I just bought one today)!!

Thank you for the wonderful idea!!!
We don't get hatch chiles here for very long in the year, but I often use anaheim or poblano chiles for things..roasting and peeling them.

Thanks for the visual!! I'm gonna have to steal that idea if you don't mind!!
:)

cayenne

Back