Ribs on a Rainey day.

chrischandler71

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Messing around some yesterday and cooked up a rack of St. Louis bones. Rubbed with Oakridge Dominator, and Sauced with some Blues Hog. They had a really good bite.
bc4c22225021148fcb07fd365e25fe6b.jpg

f8b2a2d6e546c46b044a4ee75a0f7a31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks delicious!

As Myron would say, shines like a new penny. :-D

Yep, foiled with blues hog red, a stick of butter, and some brown sugar. Glazed at the end with blues hog original.

Great colour mate,looking tasty:thumb:

Pretty Ribs. If I were going to be executed tomorrow, I'd want my last meal to be: Good Smoked Ribs, BBQ Beans, and Potato Salad.

I suffered for years with rain coming up while I was smoking.
Something about trying to hold a Golf Umbrella over a smoker, or trying to drag a smoker from under a big Maple Tree to get the Q out of the rain...

Finally I was pushed over the edge, I built a heavy duty Tin Top over my patio.
For the last half dozen years I have BBQ/Smoked when I wanted to, not when the weather lets me. Heck I can go to sleep on the patio listening to the rain on the tin roof. :thumb:

I'm about to try and knock out my first set of St. Louis ribs...

What was your time and temp and method?

Thanks!

I was trying something new with these. I cooked at 275 for 2 hours on hickory smoke. Foiled with brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and blues hog red for 1 hour. Then out of foil and sauced with blues hog original and back on smoker for about 10 min.

I had been doing ribs at 225. I just ordered a gateway drum to use as my primary rib cooker at competitions, and wanted to see how hot and fast works. I cooked these on my Yoder pellet cooker, since I don't have my Gateway yet. I plan to hang the ribs in the gateway.

I was trying something new with these. I cooked at 275 for 2 hours on hickory smoke. Foiled with brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and blues hog red for 1 hour. Then out of foil and sauced with blues hog original and back on smoker for about 10 min.

I had been doing ribs at 225. I just ordered a gateway drum to use as my primary rib cooker at competitions, and wanted to see how hot and fast works. I cooked these on my Yoder pellet cooker, since I don't have my Gateway yet. I plan to hang the ribs in the gateway.

Thank you!

Sounds like 2 and 1 at 250 should be good?

Gonna see if I can pick some up today on my way home.

Back