Red Neck Briner

LostArrow

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I love getting multiple uses out of a single device.
An insulated hunting bucket $15 makes not only a stool, an ice chest , but also a great brining bucket.

B22DDF03-9282-4D74-AB71-B17BF7C129FE.jpg

:grin:

Last edited:
I have a 6 gallon restaurant store clear container with a lid, but before that I used an old igloo water cooler. Only thing is, you cannot use them for drinks after that! LOL!
(Alton Brown method)

Whatever it takes brother. Whatever it takes. Good thinking.

I have a 6 gallon restaurant store clear container with a lid, but before that I used an old igloo water cooler. Only thing is, you cannot use them for drinks after that! LOL!
(Alton Brown method)

I also have a square Cambro bucket. I imagine LostArrows briner works better, and was much cheaper!

Matt

My wife and I use gasketed food-grade poly buckets for all kinds of things. My uses tend towards storing wood chips & pellets, brining, storing BBQ tools like injector, mitts, etc. She often is involved in cooking large quantities for church activities and can fill several buckets with soup.

We get them for a few dollars each from this place: http://www.lynnscakeandcandy.com/Fondant-Frosting-Icing-Piping-Gel-Gumpaste/ It's a retail store for cake making; they get frosting in 5 gallon pails and break it down into retail packages. When they are empty they sell them for a few dollars each. They scrape them pretty clean, so rinsing the last bit of frosting out is easy. And no worries about previous use of the bucket for something noxious.

The pails we get are white, either 5- or 1-gallon.

So, to the point: If you can find a store like this or maybe a bakery that buys frosting in pails you will have almost an endless source of really nice, safe, and clean pails.

Last edited:
Back