• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

LSG Vertical Offset Delivered Today

GLF5

Got Wood.
Reaction score
As the title says, my LSG vertical offset was delivered this morning, ordered mid June. It took about 1.5 hours to uncrate and get it in the backyard. They do quite the crating job!!

Anyway, I just finished a 6 hour seasoning running between 225 and 250. My plan is to throw on 3 racks of St Louis Ribs tomorrow with maybe a chicken or two. (Anyone have a good chicken recipe?) I do have some questions on temp control in the warming oven which I'll ask in a separate thread.

Here is the build:

24x24 Vertical Offset
Warming Oven
Temp probe ports
Ash Pan
Handle on left side
12" Folding Table
Drain Valve
Sausage Rods in Warming Oven
I asked for a second temp gauge in the main chamber but right around the time they started building mine they started adding an angle defector plate on the inside of the door near the bottom so they couldn't do the second temp gauge.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 248
Don't mind the heavy smoke. This was taken 5 minutes after starting the fire. Within 30 minutes I had a nice thin blue that everyone talks about.

Nice! LSG does some nice work. We have been seriously thinking about getting Shirley Fab. to build us one like that without the warmer and with insulated firebox.

Congrats!

Congratulations on your new pit! Great looking smoker. Hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing what you do with it. I made the trip down to LSG today to pic up my almost identical smoker. Unfortunately, I have to wait a few days for the ground to dry out after all the rain we've had recently before I can get it moved to the back patio so I can use it.

Enjoy and smoke on.

Attachments

• LSG Pick Up.JPG
    LSG Pick Up.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 170
Ahh I remember my first day. Congrats and enjoy that beast.

Bx9mq7Mh.png

Thanks everyone. Having fun today with 3 racks of St Louis Ribs, 1 chicken, a few sausage links and a pan of beans. Having a great time working the fire, which so far is going well.

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 68
Back