Stuffed Bell Peppers, exceeding my prior creativity

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Last week I posted something I had grilled or smoked, and added the disclaimer that I knew my composition planning and picture taking ability left something to be desired. So, I decided to work on that.

I have been wanting to do Stuffed Bell Peppers. Mom made them when we were growing up, and I liked them. So, I made a mix of hamburger, tomato sauce, bread crumbs and Italian Seasoning (McCormick). Cut the top off the Bell Pepper and cleaned it out, filling to capacity with the meat mixture. I placed them in a shallow pan with about 1.5 cups of water so as not to burn the peppers and placed them in the center of the Weber Platinum with the coals in both indirect baskets, topped with hickory & cherry pieces...

The Potatoes are Red, boiled till piercable by fork, then panned, smashed, drizzelled with EVOO and seasoned with Todd's Dirt, then placed in the cooker to get some smoke while the peppers were resting just b-4 dinner. The Veggies are a bag of cut carrot's, buttered and seasoned with Lemon Pepper; Sliced Tomatos rounded the meal out. Many compliments from the family, though the picky boy was at work! The pic that I focused on the composition is the next to last one, just b-4 the family shot... So, wadda ya think? Thanks for stopping in...

Attachments

• bellpeppers 001.jpg
    bellpeppers 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 270
  • bellpeppers 002.jpg
    bellpeppers 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 269
  • bellpeppers 005.jpg
    bellpeppers 005.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 267
  • bellpeppers 006.jpg
    bellpeppers 006.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 265
  • bellpeppers 007.jpg
    bellpeppers 007.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 265
  • bellpeppers 008.jpg
    bellpeppers 008.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 267
  • bellpeppers 009.jpg
    bellpeppers 009.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 268
That's one thing my wife likes eating, stuffed peppers. Never tried smoking them looks very tasty:!:

I love stuffed peppers but i like them swimming in sauce. I'd still eat those, however :-D

That's one thing my wife likes eating, stuffed peppers. Never tried smoking them looks very tasty:!:

My wife loves them also and i have never smoked them before either, but i bet i will this weekend.:smile:

Bo,
I am going to makes this soon. It looks great. What a nice family you have there. I am glad they are Todd's Dirt lovers. You should be proud. Next time include the animals in the picture.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

NICE!!! I love stuffed bells too. You ever put rice in the meat mix? I like that added component to the meat. Good looking family pics too. I noticed one of your "Eating Machines" is missing!:wink:

Thanks Bo, I was just telling the wife that I would like to try stuffed peppers and she was all for it. Ingredients are simple enough and the instructions are easy, so it is a go for the coming weekend.

If my wife let me use that much butter on my baked potatoes, I'd be a much happier man.

I love em swimming in sauce too.....smoking for a bit then in pot of sauce would be good.

All the stuffed peppers i've ever eaten(family from croatia/hungary/german region)
have rice mixed in with the meat. I think it was originally used to get more food for
amount of protien...but the texture actually is much better.

I love stuffed peppers; wife does not. I had been thinking about smoking some, and now I must do it! Thanks.

Those look really good. I like to mix in a can of pork & beans as filler instead of bread crumbs or rice.

Back