Contest Results Perfect Score...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Yep...Swamprb and I ("Left Hand Smoke") scored a perfect 180 on our ribs this weekend at the Cascade Country Cookoff! :p Holy carp...my knees almost buckled when they announced it...talk about a rush! We finished 3rd overall...

1st Place Ribs (perfect score)...

IMG_7482.jpg

3rd Place Chicken...
4th Place Brisket...
8th Place Pork...

Swamp has the printout...I'll scan a copy later. It's a trip lookin' at all those 9's...:biggrin:

Last edited:
I wish I was that good. I'm just getting started...can you tell me how you got such beautiful ribs? Thanks.

Nice going guys, quite an accomplishment.
Isn't there a special award/pin given out for the 180?

Thanks bro...yes there is...our local BBQ association (PNWBA) is going to mail them to us...we're pretty excited. Hopefully we can repeat the feat next week...!!! :p

I wish I was that good. I'm just getting started...can you tell me how you got such beautiful ribs? Thanks.

:lol::lol::lol:...by doing a LOT of bad ribs first! :twisted: Trial and error bro...you need to find what works for your area of the country...what your judges are lookin' for in taste, texture, and appearance. Good Luck! :biggrin:

Congrats JD and Swamprb on the awesome performance. The ribs look great!

BB's??????? Ya'll switched! Congrats on the 180! And to think that I was impressed that my ribs were an exact appearance match to Marty's, looked like they were cut out of the same rack! Guess I'm going to have to step it up a notch or two for Central Area!!!

Back