Discussion Thread -> "Made With Chicken!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Made With Chicken!"

Soup_zpsylpp3zru.jpg

This was Shagdog's non- winning entry in the 2015 "Chicken Open" Thowdown.

As chosen by Oldyote for winning the "Foods to Eat For a Lucky 2016" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Oldyote said:
For the next TD, let's do "Made With Chicken".
Oldyote said:
Grilled or smoked chicken, whole or parts, used as an ingredient in another dish.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/22/16 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 2/1/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 2/1/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited:
(Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Where do I make non-quality and un-clean comments? :boink:

(Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Where do I make non-quality and un-clean comments? :boink:

The off topic thread is now live, so go ahead and work your magic...:becky:

Might as well be the first since I haven't posted in awhile.....

Please accept Mama's chicken spaghetti, as interpreted by me, as my throwdown entry.

Smoked 4 breasts yesterday rubbed with EVOO and Williams-Sonoma Herb and garlic rub under the skin and on the outside. Had to eat two for quality control, of course!

FB123E8D-4C4B-4149-9FA4-58F5F241576D_zpsowxbmeez.jpg

Mama's chicken spaghetti using the smoked breasts instead of a whole fryer, using the rest of her recipe. Chopped the trinity, onion, bell pepper and celery, plus garlic. Add the tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes, S&P, and parsley flakes and simmered while cutting up the chicken.

3B5584BB-5DA1-4AFA-A004-7E5A5AC9E23C_zpsrmhjf4ml.jpg

Added the chicken plus a little chopped up skin and fat for flavor and let it simmer an hour.

DB7CD396-9F91-4330-9AEE-BDC6AC4F0269_zps73rlfafr.jpg

Please accept this as my entry photo, on a bed of angel hair pasta:

AEA1B633-F61B-42F6-9AEE-FE99DC599535_zpsxc6agebr.jpg

Had a great idea for this TD but re-read and saw the chicken has to be used in another dish. Good thing I came back and reread it! I'll bank this one for now:)

Was making some tacos, then I realized they could be a TD entry so pics kinda suck, but here goes...

Got some big breasts -

Butterflied them and hammered them flat -

Mixed up a marinade of Italian Dressing, lemon, onions, crushed red pepper, and salt. Let them get happy for 24 hours.

Whipped up some Guac and pico while the grill heated up.

Chicken met the weber - yea, it was dark.. and snowing. Grill was really hot though..

Chicken done

Tacos! *This. Is. My. Entry.*

Please use this for my entry.Wasn't sure what to make with the chicken challenge and then the wife reminded me how good my empanadas are. Started with some chicken breast seasoned with meat church seasonal and grilled them on the gasser.

I then chopped up two of the biggest breasts and mixed them with a 8oz can of tomato sauce, 3packets of Goya and 3 heaping tablespoons of cilantro cooking base. You can mess around with measurements to your taste. I usually add olives but I'm fighting a bad hangover and wasn't in the mood.

Then put a scoop of the chicken mixture and cheese in each empanada dough.

Here they are all ready to hit the fryer.

I fried them in a cast iron pan on the grill.

Please use the above photo for my entry ^^

These things are fantastic! If you are ever looking for something new to try go for it. I usually eat with some Hotsauce and sourcream.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

This is my entry into the “Made With Chicken!” Throwdown.

Remember I had 2 thighs leftover from this cook?
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224501

Well today around 12:00 I made up some pizza dough. Around 5:00 I got a chimney of lump going on my side burner. I poured it into my kamado and set it up for a pizza cook. While it was coming up to temp I went in and prepared my toppings. (Husker wanted some chicken!)

The dough had easily doubled in size.

I divided the dough and rolled out 1 half. I place on all the toppings.

This is when I had to improvise. Some of you know that I’m getting my home redone. Well I went to go get my pizza peel and it wasn’t there. We looked all over and couldn’t find where we had packed it so I had to make do with what I could find. Here’s how we did it. I took my 2 largest spatulas and slowly worked the pizza onto the bottom of a platter with parchment paper. I took this out to the kamado and use it as the peel.

Kamado was up to 600 degrees so I cooked for only 6 minutes. Here’s the first one. ([FONT=&quot]Please use this as my polling photo)[/FONT]

And here is the second one.

With perfect crispy crust.

Delicious. :becky:

Thanks for looking.

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3462585#post3462585

Great looking entries. I had planned on making some chicken fajitas this weekend, but after seeing all the quality entries here, I didn't even take any pictures of them. :tsk:

Back