THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
Myself, I wouldn't put too much money into it if you do. They probably won't take care of it, leading to mold and rust. Definitely find out if they want to look at it set there for all that time. A cold kettle can be disassembled and transported inside a heavy garbage bag easily enough.

Myself, I wouldn't put too much money into it if you do. They probably won't take care of it, leading to mold and rust. Definitely find out if they want to look at it set there for all that time. A cold kettle can be disassembled and transported inside a heavy garbage bag easily enough.

Nah, not enough room as I cook Brisket n Ribs n Beans for 20+ and I Don't want to haul something back n forth, just forth, once..........

How long are you there for each visit ? How many cooks would you do there a year ? What would you be cooking? How much would you be cooking ?

Nah, not enough room as I cook Brisket n Ribs n Beans for 20+ and I Don't want to haul something back n forth, just forth, once..........

In that case, maybe do one using magnets on the intakes to keep the cost down. Then it will hurt less when someone uses it as a burn barrel while you are not there-I've even seen it happen with a kettle.

Have to admit I'm kind of confused. Appears that you offered to place a weber kettle there and they declined. That being the case, why would they say yes to a UDS?

Have to admit I'm kind of confused. Appears that you offered to place a weber kettle there and they declined. That being the case, why would they say yes to a UDS?

They said they wouldn't use a Kettle. 2 Summers ago I offered to split cost on a New one from Wallymarts but they said they like the ease of use with the Gasser and wouldn't use a charcoal grill so I borrowed a Longhorn from another friend. They don't Q - just grill steaks, chicken n fish. They won't use a UDS either but will let me keep either there so I'd rather have a UDS. :mrgreen:

Build the UDS but don't make it the uber option uds.

A barrels, some holes, a couple nuts and bolts for your grates and some magnets for intake and exhaust.

That way if it stays outsides and rusts, or grows legs and walks off, you aren't out a lot of time or money.

I kind of did this sort of thing. I built a WSM mini and brought it to my sister's house in Northern VA. I use it whenever I go visit her.

Yeah, I agree with aawa, do the minimum for it to be effective and functional, that way there is no major loss if something ever happened to it.

Back