GC Winners: Want 2 Try a New Sauce?

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey,

Smoke Signals' year end issue is going to have a look at some sauces that are starting to make a big impression on the competition scene. I'd like to have fairly short reviews for about 6 sauces.

If you've had a few GC's and would be interested in trying a different, lauded sauce, please let me know.

I'll have the sauce shipped to you, you write up a summary of your thoughts and it gets published in the BBQ Brethren's magazine.

PM me, post here or send an email to:

smokesignals
AT

BBQ-brethren

DOT

net

Thanks!

Eric

For those that pm'd me, my mailbox filled up quick. I deleted some old messages, so please resend what you sent originally.

Thanks!

Eric

Thanks Sweetheatbbq!

The idea is to get successful comp experts to weigh in on sauces being used by their peers to kick butt.

Here are the sauces we are looking at currently:

A Fine Swine
Granny's
Craig's BBQ Sauce
Swamp Boys
Butcher BBQ Sweet
Bob Trudnak HAV N A BBQ
Cole's Sweet Heat
Daigles BBQ Sauce (pecan/jalapeno)

Am I missing any?

Eric

nice list!
I would add Rod Grays IPO , and the other one.

edit: its eat barbecue "IPO" and "the next big thing".

I'll be getting back to teams and manufacturers later this week or early next week.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Eric

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Thanks Sweetheatbbq!

The idea is to get successful comp experts to weigh in on sauces being used by their peers to kick butt.

Here are the sauces we are looking at currently:

A Fine Swine
Granny's
Craig's BBQ Sauce
Swamp Boys
Butcher BBQ Sweet
Bob Trudnak HAV N A BBQ
Cole's Sweet Heat
Daigles BBQ Sauce (pecan/jalapeno)

Am I missing any?

Eric
Can you tell us why you picked each of the above ones? Are certain teams using all of those?

We're peaking:biggrin1:

You coming up?

My head should be on a pillow in Tullahoma before the end of the day tomorrow. If we are where I think we'll be, I'll have my lifeguard gear handy in case somebody decides to go for a late night swim.:mrgreen:

My head should be on a pillow in Tullahoma before the end of the day tomorrow. If we are where I think we'll be, I'll have my lifeguard gear handy in case somebody decides to go for a late night swim.:mrgreen:
We should be somewhere on that row.

Can you tell us why you picked each of the above ones? Are certain teams using all of those?

I asked for suggestions on the BBQ Brethren FB page and then verified that the sauces are actually being used by winning pitmasters.

Eric

Awesome. Can you list what teams are using the above sauces. A couple are obvious.

No, I wouldn't be comfortable with that. If the teams or the manufacturers want that info out there, they are welcome to post here, but unless I'm told otherwise, I consider that to be their information to share.

Eric

Back