Looking for raw turkey breast (Chicagoland)

BBQ Tim

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I would like to smoke a boneless "raw" turkey breast without any enhancement. I was wondering if any local or mail order recommendations?

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited:
I get them all the time here in Fort Wayne from Tim Didier meats. They are huge and non enhanced. Typically between 5 and 7 pounds. They come frozen. I would assume they would ship, but you will have to call them if interested. They always turn out great.

May want to try a Fresh Thyme store if you have them in your area. Mine carries turkey breast but they are small, and I have to debone myself.

Or, if you can't find one, get a on the bone turkey breast and soak it in water for a day or so, changing the water every few hours to de-enhance it. Carve off carcass and voila! When I was a kid, I worked in a restaurant that served carved turkey on thanksgiving, and we would take the raw turkeys, butcher off the breasts, use the dark meat for other things, and then bake the turkey breasts on a sheet pan basting with butter. Good lord those were good, and I still do a few on T-day today!

bajatom4934

You can usually find frozen whole turkey breast at your local grocery store. Go to Sams or Costco and ask the meat guy to order you some in for you. It will be hard to find ones not frozen. You could also google for turkey farms near you. Good luck.

Check peoria meats on lake street in Chicago. They have all kinds of fresh meat not sure about turkey. I think website is peoriapacking.com .

Back