• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Where to Buy Brisket Point Only?

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After watching the last episode of Pitmasters, I was wondering if it is possible to buy a brisket point by itself?

the flats are more popular in the non-"Q" kitchens.

Most markets that sell flats will also have a few points for sale. you can also visit your local butcher.

After watching the last episode of Pitmasters, I was wondering if it is possible to buy a brisket point by itself?

Good question. If you ever do find a place to buy them, pm me and let me know. I am just a little west of where you are and it is terrible trying to find brisket (packer, flat or point) around here.

The flats at SAMs are not very good and costly! To drive to the RD in Alexandria is a hike for me as well.

wallace

Most processors that separate grind the points into hamburger and sell the flats so it's doubtful that you'll find a bunch of points just laying around. You might be able to have your local butcher order some in.

About the only butcher I know of around here (Northern VA) is up in Jefferson, MD. Hemps Meats. I'll ask them next week. They are expensive for briskets packer style, but worth a try.

Thanks.

wallace

I have asked around and most grocery stores will save points for you if you give them notice. However, they usually want to charge you the same price that they charge for trimmed brisket flats which is usually a couple dollars per pound more than what you can buy packers for. So, I will just buy whole packers and trim off the point myself. The flats can be saved for making pastrami or ground for fantastic burger. Just a suggestion.

Try Steves meat market in Desoto Ks..they quoted me 2.49 per pound and said they usually have them

I have asked around and most grocery stores will save points for you if you give them notice. However, they usually want to charge you the same price that they charge for trimmed brisket flats which is usually a couple dollars per pound more than what you can buy packers for. So, I will just buy whole packers and trim off the point myself. The flats can be saved for making pastrami or ground for fantastic burger. Just a suggestion.

The only time I ever see them around here is around St. Paddy's Day. But they are corned beef brisket points. They go for around $2.30 or so a pound which I consider to be a great deal because I turn that into a nice marbled pastrami....

Back