Home alone

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
A little background; my wife is getting trained to be a judge on horse back for bird dogs chasing birds at field trials. Her best girlfriend that got her into this is an olympic shooter and raises shorthairs. So today they left north Florida on a girls road trip to Vancouver, BC to get one of the dogs bred and my son Mac is "house sitting" the kennel while they are gone.

Soooooo . . . . . I'm home alone for 10-12 days takin care of the farm:becky:

Already have a brisket defrosting to make pastrami; a couple racks of baby backs to dust with some Oakridge Dominator; a big tuna steak for seared ahi; tenderloins for real deal steak au poivre; and I don't know what else. But I sure as chit ain't goin hungry (or thirsty):razz:

Oh yea, I got some propane tanks & steel to start cutting up for a couple new smokers.

drinkin', cuttin' and weldin' with no one within earshot? Keep your cell phone handy- cause "stuff happens". Good to have the buddy system - of course said buddy, might laugh, point and take selfies before calling the EMT's :grin: Grats on getting some "you" time.

some guys just know how to live...

then there is the rest of us LOL

But I will be taking my favorite dog up to my cabin with me this weekend and leave the wife and the other 2 at home

so life aint bad here either :mrgreen:

From that cook description I hope she recognizes you when she returns. Looks like your in for a weight gain. :caked:

Very Cool Brother!

...........my wife is getting trained to be a judge on horse back.................. for bird dogs chasing birds........

For a second I thought, "Man, she's TRYING to get caught with a story like that!":caked::caked:

Just kidding!!! Now, on the the food. I am FULLY jelly of the awesomeness you have in store over the coming day!!!! Hope you snap a few pics so we can live vicariously!:clap2::clap2:

Hiking the Appalachian Trail, huh? Sounds like fun. Before kids, when I was home alone, I would cook up a storm, too. Looking forward to the pics.

Congrats to your Mrs., sounds like an interesting time.

Being home alone has it's benefits. You can sleep in any room you want, you can eat over the sink (no plates or utensils), every day is underwear day (unless you have close neighbors). lol
Your menu does sound great!!

nice...im in the opposite of your situation...2 of my wife's sisters are coming in town tomorrow for a few days...with 2 kids...so yea....lol

im envious of u today!! enjoy it!

Been to a lot of field trials, and have judged a few. I wish the judges that I have run across would have had some type of training. Most of them judged by the rule of "politics" sadly. There were some good honest judges that were knowledgeable about what they were judging. When they were involved, some of the "regulars" would not enter their dogs. Sorry to get off subject of your thread, but you hit a familiar note.

I am jealous of your "free" time at home alone. Sometimes it is better than a vacation. "Eat, sleep, lounge around, eat, repeat! Man cave time.

Omar

My wife is out of town for over two weeks. I'm doing fine, it's the dogs that are having a problem. I don't set and watch TV in the evenings and it's cutting into their snooze time.

Sounds like fun! Blast some tunes, cook up some great food and working on the new toy. Don't get better than that

are these propane tank smoker builds for customers?

First one will be for a fellow Brethren that came up with a really interesting idea and design. We are still working on final details but I'm to the point that I want to go ahead and start cutting the tank to get some measurements so we can lock down the design. I thought of you SmittyJonz when I first saw the design - think vertical. I think it is gonna be pretty cool.

First one will be for a fellow Brethren that came up with a really interesting idea and design. We are still working on final details but I'm to the point that I want to go ahead and start cutting the tank to get some measurements so we can lock down the design. I thought of you SmittyJonz when I first saw the design - think vertical. I think it is gonna be pretty cool.

Can't be as Cool as BoomShuckaLucka....... :mrgreen:

PLEASE POST PICS :razz:

Back