Discussion Thread -> **Special**"National Pizza Month!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our October SPECIAL TD category is..."National Pizza Month!"

1803446_Redhot.jpg

This was Redhot's' winning entry in the 2011 "Pizza Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Cook a pizza on your grill or smoker or other outdoor cooking device.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD only!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/30 through Monday 10/31/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 10/31/16.

Click here to
READ THE RULES
for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Italian Inspiration

So my 20 year old daughter is in Italy studying abroad right now, and I got this text from her last week. She is living, and hopefully attending classes, in Reggio Emilia, which is outside Bologna, but she went to the Naples, where Pizza was created and swore it was the best pizza she has ever had. Another interesting fact she said Pizza is not a shared dish, each person eats their own. Italians know how to do PIZZA!!:icon_cool These Pics are screen shots of her actual Whatsapp texts

She isn't a big girl but she does love pizza:

So I am inspired!!!

My first TD entry ever....go easy.

These are Homemade bison sausage pizzas from a buffalo I had helped butcher about 8 hours earlier. Done up on Sunday 10-2.. Homemade dough. Neapolitan style pizzas. Cooked via Blackstone

Now that I know there is a pizza TD I'll have to try to up my game and post another entry later on.

Last edited:
Great first entry, Whisky! Which one of the photos would you like to be used for polling?

Whisky....first of all...great handle! Welcome to the TD's and what an awesome looking couple of pizzas!

Keith, that looks delicious!

However, a tostada is not a pizza, unfortunately. The good news is you have plenty of time to submit another entry since this TD lasts all month, and you can submit multiple entries as well. :thumb:

I thought I'd try to get a little creative for my pizza (s)

Rolled some smoked chicken mini tostada pizzas!

Here's the cook thread. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237475

Use this is my official picture

Does a guys second entry replace or eliminate his first

Whisky,

Not unless you request it.

As this is a monthly special throwdown, multiple entries are allowed for voting, unlike our usual bi-weekly throwdowns where only one entry can be submitted for voting. In either case, if you wish to have an entry eliminated from voting, just let us know.

Keith, that looks delicious!

However, a tostada is not a pizza, unfortunately. The good news is you have plenty of time to submit another entry since this TD lasts all month, and you can submit multiple entries as well. :thumb:
If a totninos is a pizza then this definitely is, I made it as a Mexican style pizza.

Pizzas are made with different crusts, most are round and they all have different sauces etc... How is it not a pizza? Is there a specific pizza definition I'm not aware of? :noidea:

Google and youtube seem to think there's tostada pizzas Moose.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tostada+pizza

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tostada+pizza

Back