Hello from Kingsland, GA

Fatboiz

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
It is great to have stumbled upon this site. I have been smoking for around 8-10 years but mostly for my consumption. I do have tons more to learn, and wouldn't mind getting into local competitions, but nothing too serious. I recently move back to GA from NC, and shortly after moving here we started selling dinners at our church. I offered to make pulled pork, and the first dinner went well. I smoked four butts and we sold out, all from pre-orders. The next time we decided to do pulled pork, I had to smoke 18 butts. The problem is, I can only get four in my smoker at a time, I have a vertical smoker we picked up from a box store. So, I called my brother who smoked for his BBQ Restuarant/stand and he told me since he had to close his place to come pick up his smoker. I hit the road for the quick run to Beaufort, SC and picked up the smoker. I love this thing...anyway we have sold out every time we do pulled pork.

I love smoking meat and I am looking forward to learning more on this site. Thanks again.

:clap: :clap2: :welcome: :clap2: :cheer2: :clap:
inea0y.gif
:clap: :cheer2: :clap2: :welcome: :clap2: :clap:​

Welcome to the forum Fatboiz, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. .

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many different forums here...
For discussion on BBQ/Smoking topics, we have the "Q-Talk" Forum.

For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses".

We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs available from different areas around our country.

For general non BBQ related talk we have "The Wood Pile" forum.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back