• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Going To See What All The Hype Is About With Oakridge Rubs

just got done and everyone loved the sweetness but next time I will add a layer of heat and it will be perfect . this definitely a quality fresh made rub and I will be buying again and trying the other rubs out .

I also cooked some baby backs with the dominator and although good I was missing some heat. I want to pick up some hdd as I like it spicy but that may be to much for the rest of the family so could anyone suggest something just slightly milder than hdd for some heat.

I have been waiting for a local store to receive his order and he did so I picked up 6 oz packs of Black Ops, Santa Maria, Dominator, Secret Weapon Pork and Chicken and Competition Beef and Pork. Problem is I will be moving soon so it's been crazy here and might be two weeks to experience the Joy of these rubs. Birthday money well spent.

I also cooked some baby backs with the dominator and although good I was missing some heat. I want to pick up some hdd as I like it spicy but that may be to much for the rest of the family so could anyone suggest something just slightly milder than hdd for some heat.

Insider tip... if you want to add a little heat to Dominator, come over the top with a light dusting of our new Jah Love Jerk Seasoning. The two flavor profiles go VERY well with each other. The Jerk also pairs very well with our Secret Weapon rub too.

Insider tip... if you want to add a little heat to Dominator, come over the top with a light dusting of our new Jah Love Jerk Seasoning. The two flavor profiles go VERY well with each other. The Jerk also pairs very well with our Secret Weapon rub too.

thanks Mike going to give it a try

Well last week I picked up local some 6oz bags of Black Ops, Dominator, Santa Maria, Competition Beef and Pork and Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken. I cut up a chicken in pieces and did half with the Secret Weapon and the other with Santa Maria.

With both I brushed on a little EVO applied rub and put in a bag in the fridge for an hour then cooked. The aroma when I took the chicken out of the bag was very inviting. Sorry no finished product pictures as we are packing to move next week. I could not pick a favorite but will say that they were amazing. The wife is a little picky on rubs limited to those without heat and she loved these also. So glad the Brethren turned me on to these.

Thanks guys

How much meat does each sampler bag cover? Could I do a brisket with one of the sample bags? One rack of ribs per bag? Just trying to gauge. All of these sound good.

How much meat does each sampler bag cover?.

I can typically get a good rack of ribs covered with a sampler bag. That said, I like to combine the HDD with other things, so it'll go further.

Because of you folks and this thread, I finally remembered to get on the Oakridge site and finally place an order for Mike's new Jah Love rub... (and a refresh of Santa Maria, and I'm going to try some Game Changer Brine)... and I couldn't help but order a VIP Sampler Pack. Seriously. I've ordered like 3-4 of these by now, and I can always find something... a fatty or two... something to try with a rub that I usually don't use.

If you haven't tried OakRidge... you need to, folks.

Does anybody else layer Secret Weapon and Comp beef and pork? I do and LOVE the results on my pork butts.

Now for heat, since most folks around me are extremely spice sensitive, I add a little Crucible to MY portion of pulled pork and toss it in to combine. MAN! That is some seriously good stuff. Melts into the pork and leaves just the right flavor and heat.:thumb:

Back