Question BBQ controllers

Norwood

Reaction score
Hello All,

• I am in the market to get me a Pit Controller.
  • I am wanting one with a WiFi connection.
  • I am looking at a Stoker or CyberQ.
  • Out of two what one do you find the most user friendly?
  • Last Is there another brands besides these two?

Thanks

What kind of smoker do you have? Some need a bigger fan. I have a Guru and really like it. It took a little work to set it up correctly, but they helped me do it. I use the PitPall app to monitor, record, and control my cooks. I also like that it can monitor 3 different meats.

I looked at Stoker as well and it is a really great unit also. The CyberQ worked better for me. I like how the flameboss connects to internet, but for that amount of money I wanted more probes and I wanted a bigger fan for my smoker.

Either way, all should be good for you.

I've only use the CyberQ and I like it. It can be finicky with the wifi network, but mine has always been rock solid.

I just got a used Assassin 28. Not sure if I ma going to need one but I want to know my options if I am going spend that type of money on computer hardware. I did look at the Flame Boss and like that until. Agree on wanting more probes. I am not what size fan I need yet any help on that would be great.

I use the CyberQ but only in the "ad hoc" mode.....never had any problems. Have heard this is difficult to set up with wifi, but have also seen threads where the folks at GURU walked folks thru set up over the phone. By all accounts they have great customer service. I also use the "Smoke" by thermo works as a backup and for the extra food probe it affords me when cooking large amounts. Hope this helps.

Back