Hdd

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well I finally did it! I've been so busy at work and well.....just plain put it off with my twins heading off to college. But.....I finally ordered some HDD! And now I can't wait for it to get here to indulge in with my boy's on some wings on a weekend they come home!! I've drooled over posts on HDD long enough!!

I have been mixing it 50/50 with Santa Maria for years, really good that way. Out of the bag it's missing salt IMO, but it's a great way to add heat to other rubs.

Death dust is really good on just about anything you want to kick the flavor up on. It's hot but also flavorful. From veggies to French fries to fried chicken and fish to nuts or chips. I keep a shaker near my desk.

I think the Ghost rub is a better flavor, although I haven't added extra salt to the HDD, so that might help. Anyone order the new Scorpion rub that came out today?

I think the Ghost rub is a better flavor, although I haven't added extra salt to the HDD, so that might help. Anyone order the new Scorpion rub that came out today?

I prefer the Ghost rub vs HDD as well. When making wings, I have marinaded in HDD and then sprinkled with Ghost once on the smoker...nice combination.

Thanks for the heads up on the Scorpion. Just placed my order!

Man y'all are killing me!! I can't wait to get it......so I'm writing down all these ideas! Thanks everyone! I'll have to get the hotter stuff now!

Mix it 50/50 with Santa Maria, and it's really good. If you want it hotter, just adjust the ratio, but 50/50 has a nice level of heat.

I have been sprinkling it on the last few batches of jerkey and it really makes a real flavor difference. Love the stuff.

Back