1st whole hog cook at the Shirley farm . A 93 pounder

That was a great cook.really loved the video.looks like a good time was had by all.Also tell your brother thank you for his service.

Thanks for posting the video Paul! Your cook was over the top. It shouldn't have taken as long to cook from my experience so it must have been a tad bit cold deep in the hams.
:hungry:

Looks like all went well, Paul! Nice work, Brother!!

Tell that ole' Jarhead I said "Ooorah" and thank you for his service.

Awesome, Paul. I still wanna try a whole hog.

I had a question about the hams. You said you were trying to get them to hit 190*. Was that so you could get them to pull? I tried doing fresh (uncured) hams for the first time recently, and I took them to 190*, but they were tough and dry after resting. Really bugged me, and I now have to make up for my failure.

So happy it turned out well Paul. Really top shelf job....looks like everyone really enjoyed it. And you're right, Paul....you're not cooking at a comp....you're cooking for family. All those smiles say you nailed it....well done brother!!

Great job!

The pig looks awesome! :thumb:

Thanks for posting the video Paul! Your cook was over the top. It shouldn't have taken as long to cook from my experience so it must have been a tad bit cold deep in the hams.
:hungry:

I think you are exactly right the hog was not completely thawed in all areas....

Awesome, Paul. I still wanna try a whole hog.

I had a question about the hams. You said you were trying to get them to hit 190*. Was that so you could get them to pull? I tried doing fresh (uncured) hams for the first time recently, and I took them to 190*, but they were tough and dry after resting. Really bugged me, and I now have to make up for my
failure.

yes I wanted the hams to pull... They did and the meat was not dried out I was pretty much happy all the way around......

Thx everyone for looking and the kind words.... It was a awesome experience and will do again for sure... Very little I would change.....

That is awesome!!
Slow cooked hog, time with family and friends, and BAMA football??!! Does NOT get better than that!!
ROLL TIDE!!

Back