Turned My Wife's Old combo Brinkmann Into A Reverse Flow and Got A Butt On

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
well I sold all my smokers and been craving some pulled pork so it time to mod the wife's smoker into a reverse flow to get my smoke on . I cut a tuning plate to fit and the only thing to make it a reverse flow was to close the left stack and open the right . the only thing I still need to buy is a gasket to go around where the lid closes because it has a pretty big gap that looses some heat . got the Shirley on order and talked to Tyler and it will be done the first of March so soon I will be able to enjoy a Shirley smoker again .

Old Brinkmann Combo Smoker

DSCF7464.jpg

Tuning plate cut to fit

DSCF7460.jpg

pork butts at .99 a pound and bought a bunch

DSCF7440.jpg

first layer with Tasefully Simple Seasoning Salt

DSCF7447.jpg

2nd layer with Harry Soo's Love Meat Tender All Purpose Rub

DSCF7448.jpg

the rub weapons for todays Que

DSCF7454.jpg

will post the on going cook today

looking good! Love that slap Yo daddy all purpose! I put that stuff on everything pork related.

I sealed the lid on my old Chargriller pit by cutting 2 pieces of 1" aluminum angle and bolting it to the sides of the lid on the inside to make a flange. when the lid is closed the angle flat rests on the bottoms lip. It makes for a tight seal

I sealed the lid on my old Chargriller pit by cutting 2 pieces of 1" aluminum angle and bolting it to the sides of the lid on the inside to make a flange. when the lid is closed the angle flat rests on the bottoms lip. It makes for a tight seal

thanks Budawg I got a lot of angle iron sitting around and will do this instead of spending $25 on the gasket . :thumb:

internal temp hit 172 degrees so time to wrap and just a little apple juice , pretty happy with the bark .

DSCF7467.jpg

only let it rested for 30 minutes and the kids said they were starving .

DSCF7475.jpg

came out awesome and who said you could not smoke on a cheap smoker with a few mods but my grandson criticized it and said it could of cooked another 5 degrees :twitch: dang I raised him to dang good and thought the same thing , lol .

DSCF7480.jpg

Looks like that worked well.

Back