• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Check out this chuck roast

Free Mr. Tony

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Found this in the discount bin at Kroger. It was labeled choice. It looked like this throughout. Felt kind of guilty grinding for Burgers, but that's what happened.

Wow. Ground it up? Not sure I would have told that one. :tsk:

it looks like wagyu? the standard in beef industry is that if it is mislabeled you can sell unless to meat processing and it will go down in price

I think I'd smoke a couple of those chunks, they look great.

Not sure I could have ground that thing of beauty. Bet it will be the best ground chuck ever though.

Not sure I could have ground that thing of beauty. Bet it will be the best ground chuck ever though.

It was the first time I've ever just ground the chuck, and not added different cuts. It was perfect by itself. Essentially like short ribs, and it cooked up like short ribs as well.

The Burgers were delicious so the guilt faded away.

Man, that's some sweet looking chuckie. Better off grinding it, would have spoiled you forever if you did anything else with it lol

Wow, that looks like Prime +. The following is true Japanese Kobi:

Steaks-Kobe_zpsf6fb11bb.jpg

Wow, that looks like Prime +. The following is true Japanese Kobi:

Steaks-Kobe_zpsf6fb11bb.jpg

Yeah. This is what it looked like whole. Unfortunately, the nicest part is under the sticker. Every so often, I see oddities like this at Kroger. They are usually all by their lonesome. I guess people aren't used to seeing it, so they shy away from buying it.

It's sad some people actually deem that as "too fatty". Sweet find!

Back