is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Decided to take on some cleaning

The old weber was looking a little grungy

qYo4vvth.jpg

WpgLMfCh.jpg

Started by scraping all the gunk on the inside
dlskbHAh.jpg

Most of the gunk and hardened soot out, a little elbow grease and degreaser. Was a bit addicting scraping at it, I didn't get all of it, but wasn't going for a full restore. Just long over due scrub down. Can even see metal of spinner

n1Bulpoh.jpg

Here is bottom bowl pre cleaning. I couldn't get all black splotches off, not sure if permanent or just need different tool. i was hoping to remove

cSLOuBBh.jpg

Lid before and after cleaning. Good scraping and degreasing. Again, could've done more

rQfPNHAh.jpg

q04p8n3h.jpg

Healthy amount of degreaser (was new bottle)

EwsR4QHh.jpg

All cleaned up

kQen27Uh.jpg

Can even see my reflection
zk0MaKzh.jpg

ZFAxPXQh.jpg

All and all happy with results. not factory shine, but layers of gunk out and shined up exterior.

That looks way better than my green grill. Good job.

I like to think that my cookers are work horses, not show ponies :cool:

But when I clean em up I follow the guidelines from the Weber Kettle Club forum.
Dawn dishwashing soap (straight up) and 0000 steel wool. It will make the porcelain shine like new without scratching. I do, however, have some blotches on the bowl that I can't remove. Battle scars I guess.

Nice job! You inspired me to clean my stuff today. Gave the UDS a good scrubbing (had rust and mold issues) and is re-seasoning right now. Working on the kettle as we speak.

..........and I didn't need a poke from the Missus.........thank-you!

Back