The best ribs of all time!

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Isn't it strange you make your best food when your experimenting not cooking for a bunch of people? That's exactly what I just did tonight. After watching Rambo last blood(intoxicated) I pulled the ribs out of the fridge that I was going to cook today. I season one rack with sweet swine o' mine and thee pigs Memphis Rub and the other ribs with meat Church holy gospel and meat church honey hog. I set my grill up for 235°/hickory and cherry chunks/cowboy lump/no water pan/ foil wrapped heat diffuser plate. It took a little over 7 hours. No wrapping and mopped one time around the 4-Hour mark.. has a beautiful crust and not overly sweet. I'm
impressed!

#JustSayNoToFoil

4SdJZ04.jpg

xbpRtqF.jpg

FUaOIzU.jpg

7LWl19m.jpg

8J1jWrD.jpg

uX9RAYF.jpg

eNKqWr9.jpg

Those look great! At least you took notes on your experiment. Most of the time I forget :-D

Which rub combo did you prefer?

both are really really good but if I had to choose one over the other it would probably be Sweet Swine O' Mine. That's a fantastic rub for pork I don't think it can be beat

Those look beautiful! Do you think they would've turned out as great if you'd watched Rambo II instead?

The last two Rambo movies is like watching a horror movie. Sylvester Stallone goes out of his way to make certain fight scenes gory as hell. the way he pulled this guy's collarbone out of his chest and snatched it back and forth threatening to snap it off if the bad guy doesn't tell him where his daughter is... Was brutal! I couldn't stop watching that scene lol

The last two Rambo movies is like watching a horror movie. Sylvester Stallone goes out of his way to make certain fight scenes gory as hell. the way he pulled this guy's collarbone out of his chest and snatched it back and forth threatening to snap it off if the bad guy doesn't tell him where his daughter is... Was brutal! I couldn't stop watching that scene lol

He should have been putting a nice rub on it and getting a fire ready. Now THAT would be scary.

Those look delicious! It is awesome to find a new, great method!

Great looking bones, man.

Experimentation (sometimes with liquid (en)courage(meant)) can often become a beautiful thing... or go horribly wrong. :laugh: :roll: :noidea:

Nice work! I've learned that if I want the best ribs... no wrap at lower heat (250). But, if I need the best ribs in a hurry.... Wrap at high heat (325). I like the low heat on the pellet, and the high heat on the drum. Two totally different cookers with amazing results on ribs!

Back