• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoking "Fully Cooked" Food

txsmkmstr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So the neighbor is a fan of "turkey ham" and wants me to smoke a couple up. Being it's a fully cooked product I'm not sure how long or to what temperature (internal and/or pit) I should shoot for. Looking for any suggestions so I don't brick the hams.

Lemme know what ya' got.

I do a certain brand of "fully cooked" hams at Christmas and Easter for various friends and family. I run my pit at about 275, glazing hams with honey and real maple syrup and seasoning very lightly with cayenne pepper every so often until they reach 140. I use a mix of oak, hickory, and cherry in my pit. I've been told by more than one person that it was the best ham they've ever had.

I've done what Creek Bottom has done, but I don't check temp. I just do a couple hours around 250. I'm mostly adding smoke flavour to the glaze I add. Usually a grainy mustard maple syrup blend.

I've done some of those Jennie-O turkey hams and they are tasty. I go around 250 for 1.5-2hrs or until I get a nice color. I like to score it too like bologna to get more smoke flavor. Good luck.

Great information.... Since there'll be two of them I'll try one scored and one plain. Should be an easy deal and a great warm up for the two pork butts I have thawing.

I’ve never heard of a “turkey-ham” before... if someone asked me they probably would’ve said never mind based on the look on my face alone. Lol!

Back