Had to break in the new PK360

insurroundsound

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Took delivery on this bad boy last Thursday, but didn't have a chance to use it until tonight. Did a hardwood lump burn in the afternoon just to see how well it held temp - was pleased. In the late eve, I thawed out some cheap WalMart steaks that were sitting in my freezer and make a quick dinner. I never used grill grates before so I'm amused by the nice char lines...lol. They handled the grilled veggies easily.

No love loss for my BGE, but looking forward to spending some time on this cooker. And seeing what exactly it can accomplish. Ordered some nice accessories from the Burn Shop this week. Hoping they'll be in next week (will post once I get a change to use them)

Attachments

• 20200911_115156.jpg
    20200911_115156.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 20200911_194527.jpg
    20200911_194527.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 342
I received mine a couple of months ago and it's been great. I also bought the Burn Shop charcoal basket I should try cooking without it just to see if the grill heats up faster as I've heard it does.

I received mine a couple of months ago and it's been great. I also bought the Burn Shop charcoal basket I should try cooking without it just to see if the grill heats up faster as I've heard it does.

Yup....I wanted to get a few cooks in before I received mine to see if there was a diff...even if it does slow the rise a little bit tho, I definitely think I’ll prefer using the basket for between-cooks maintenance....the basket does look pretty open/airy tho to me....I also ordered their 50/50 grate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice. Congratulations. They are a great cooker that holds temp well and doesn't use a lot of charcoal.

Yup, I did notice that even without a gasket around the capsule lid, it doesn’t seem to be a very leaky grill....

Very interested in these now that my egg is on its last leg. Looks great!

Still new for me but so far, I’m liking mine....very solid for a “portable” grill...I love my kamado-style cooker...I think I’ll always own some version of one...I don’t buy pits too often, but a mini stick burner would probably be my next splurge whenever that happens...until then, time to get used to this new PK360

Got a link for that? I’m not finding it. Thanks!
Yea, they dont have it listed on their website for the PK360, but just give them a call and they'll work up a quote with shipping for ya. If the quote looks good to ya, they'll then send out an electronic invoice -- so simple process. I believe it was $90 for the grate. I really like cooking with a half moon griddle on my BGE when I'm working with burgers + grilled onions, etc. I wanted the same experience for the PK360.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any chance you could snap a picture of yours? I thought I was done accessorizing my PK360, but I probably won’t be able to resist getting one of these. Thanks!!
Received the 50/50 grate today. Heavy and thick! Looks like 1/4" carbon steel. 15lbs. Time to season it. Still waiting to take receipt of the basket.
53772abc281012012d0c4a6d7a4eaa93.jpg
e95cffaaa390877d846e726d69907751.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Man, that's sweet. I've recently purchased a couple different cast iron griddles (or pieces I'll be using as griddles, at least) for use on my PK. I like that I can slide them on/off the hot side as needed. But none have the solid surface area of this. It'll be fantastic for sauteing onions and peppers to throw on top of burgers. Not to mention the fajita possibilities.

And I'm glad to see you're setup on solid ground. Between that and their charcoal basket, I might need to reinforce my deck. Serious steel!

Man, that's sweet. I've recently purchased a couple different cast iron griddles (or pieces I'll be using as griddles, at least) for use on my PK. I like that I can slide them on/off the hot side as needed. But none have the solid surface area of this. It'll be fantastic for sauteing onions and peppers to throw on top of burgers. Not to mention the fajita possibilities.

And I'm glad to see you're setup on solid ground. Between that and their charcoal basket, I might need to reinforce my deck. Serious steel!

Yup,those are all the reasons why i needed a griddle soln myself for the PK360. Things are definitely getting heavy now for the "portable" grill -- lol. I can't imagine what it'll weigh once I plop in my basket.

What are you doing, Jack, for ash cleanout on your PK? I cleaned mine out for the first time yesterday into a lil small bucket I keep hanging on the back of the PK. Definitely not as quick as my cleanup on my BGE (lot more nooks and crannies on the bottom of the PK). I have a small Milwaukee 12v vac that I received free some years ago, but never used. I think I'm gonna pull it out of storage and see how it handles cleanup of this pit. Just to speed it up a lil bit.

Back