Ace Hardware no longer selling Weber Charcoal???

All the usual spots are out so I toured the out of the way hardware's today, none to be found

When I bought my Weber Briquettes 12-24 months ago they were like close out $5@
Can’t remember if it was Home Depot or Lowe’s, but thinking HD. Y’all searching for Weber who knows there may be some bargains out there. Website, brickseek phone calls to surrounding small towns. I would still walk in to HD and Lowes. Many times I have found unadvertised manager’s specials.

It was HD. I got 8 bags at one and 7 at the other HD in town. Devil on my shoulder said I should have bought the whole pallet. Tipped off a few other local grill buddies instead. I didn't want to be greedy. Next to Stubbs, its my favorite long-cook briquette.

If you can find the B&B briquettes that are the large ones I’ve been told those are about identical to the weber. And that was from someone in the charcoal business.

If you can find the B&B briquettes that are the large ones I’ve been told those are about identical to the weber. And that was from someone in the charcoal business.

If you load up a charcoal chimney of say KBB and light them up, when they are ready to be dumped, the coals have dropped 1.5 - 2 inches in height in the chimney.

Do the same with Weber charcoal, they only drop about 1/2 inch in the chimney. The guy on the YouTube channel Flying Smoke shows the same with B&B briquettes.

I really liked Weber briquettes, I cant find them locally anymore. Ace may have been the last place I saw them but I’m not sure how recent that was. Ive not found another briquette I’ve liked on the same level, but I’ve not tried B&B either. There is a significant amount of shelf space at my local Ace dedicated to Jealous Devil products...if they have briqs I may give them a whirl because I’ve been very pleased with their lump.

They do offer brigs its called JD MAXX , you will be impressed !

Thanks for that link. They really do burn hot and long.
BTW, that RO Natural Charcoal Lighter is some nasty stuff!

You are so right about the smell of of that lighter. Bought some thinking it may be better than normal lighter fluid and I thought it smelled like crap...literally!

I picked up 10 bags of Weber briqs @ $6.99 at the beginning of the summer, guess that’s the first & last time, still have over half of it. Have to stick to B&B now, which I find equivalent.

They do offer brigs its called JD MAXX , you will be impressed !
Well that's interesting. From the product description on Amazon "10-pound bag with 2 times the size of typical briquets for maximum performance and an incredibly long, hot burn" and "Waterproof, resealable packaging with side carry handle" this may be the company making the briquettes for Weber.

Called some Ace stores today. One had a few bags at 16.99 for 20lb. The others said vendor no longer suppling, the message that was coming up on their comptures.

Back