Ketchup vs Heinz 57

I like ketchup on plain scrambled eggs....also onion rings.
Whataburger, spicy is my favorite.

I’m back in the drum world, somewhat because of you. Haunted by your bacon cheese bread. Fill that glass with a dram.

Cheers

I’m back in the drum world, somewhat because of you. Haunted by your bacon cheese bread. Fill that glass with a dram.

Cheers

Great!! I've had that bread on my mind lately. Hope to make some soon.
Cheers! :grin:

I don't typically like ketchup alone, but I love it mixed with mayo on burgers, dogs or for dipping.

Maylar said:
I don't think I've ever had this Heinz 57 stuff you guys are talking about. Is it a BBQ sauce?

Y'know, since I've been reading this thread it occurred to me that I don't recall ever having tried Heinz 57 myself. I picked up a bottle at the store this afternoon to try.

How the heck are there people in this country that have not tried 57 sauce?!?
I recommend trying it on pork, as a dipping sauce, not a glaze. Good stuff!

I buy a local brand. It's spicier and called "The Big Kid Ketchup". THESE GUYS make other sauces, jams, syrups and the like. It now has a new label, but the ketchup is the same.

Z4Ft2gr.jpg

I like Ketchup and Heinz57. I set aside my pride and let my taste buds make the decisions. They are both great on steak.

I like ketchup on plain scrambled eggs....also onion rings.
Whataburger, spicy is my favorite.

in these parts Frank's red hot is a standard option served with eggs at diners....

....hot sauce is type of ketchup right?

I was expecting ketchup slathered brisket vs brisket slathered Heinz 57. Sad face.

HUGE FAN!!!

I have been know to dip a prime grade ribeye in it...

My 14 yr old girls scream at me when I do...

Therefore you can save yer breath, my kids have already said it, or called me that, don’t care...

I loose no sleep

I love ketchup on dogs, burgers, fries, and...beef stew!!! If you want to take ketchup to the next level mix with large amounts of black pepper or hot sauce...yes, please!

Beef Stew, really? Ok now you got me curious, will definately have to try next time :thumb:

I haven't had Heinz 57 in my house in years. Decades actually. Probably 30+ years.

I do have A1 though. Similar. Use it all the time. Every time I make Meatloaf. It goes nowhere near a Steak.

I only use HFCS free ketchup so typically stay away from ketchup if eating out. At home I'll occasionally use it on scrambled eggs and definitely use it in/on meatloaf and on a burger. As far as Hienz 57 never was a fan.

Last edited:
I only use HFCS free ketchup so typically stay away from ketchup if eating out. At home I'll occasionally use it on scrambled eggs and definitely use it in/on meatloaf and on a burger.

I like this one. Sir Kinsington’s Classic.

Last edited:
Their Mayo is good too. Sunflower oil not soy. Free range egg yolks, same organic ingredients

Back