• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beer/Meat/Victory (CAP fabrications )

Twisted T's Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
hey bro how you liking that cap fab smoker ? saw a question asked about the thickness of the smoker, i called and inquired a while back and he will gladly build a 1/4 smoker instead of the 3/16 for a very small increase in price .i mean it is such a small increase in price it is a no brainer and he even says it ....

In short...I love it. But I’ll elaborate a little more for the sake of information.

While I’ve looked at “big” patio stick burners I probably could have thought about my specs a little more. What I did get was the cabinet door model, upgrade to 1/4” only on the firebox with a larger FB than what he had as standard. I won’t take anything away from this cooker as it’s awesome, but if I had to do it again (and I certainly would from CAP), I’d get an even bigger firebox with a bigger warmer that will hold a full size hotel pan on each rack. I’d also talk to him about an elevated back so the top rack could hold taller meats on the backside. I’d also probably end up trailer mounting as I’ve taken it mobile a couple times for cooks away from my house. I would definitely just do the whole chamber in 1/4” (mine is 3/16” with FB at 1/4), and then do 3/8” FB.

I pulled the trigger quick because I started cooking for friends (for cash) while being laid off due to the event production business I’m in coming to a grinding halt. I was doing it on a Ok Joe and WSM simultaneously and would take days of cooking to fill orders. Well those friends told their friends and their friends friends and here we are. I fill the smoker about once a week and typically sell out pre orders in a few hours after putting an order form online. I wanted a bigger cooker and quick. CAP made that happen. It drafts nice and works quite perfect at my preferred 275 cook temp for almost everything. If I rip open the baffle a good way on the warmer it’s a wing cooking machine (it gets hot!). I’m not an expert at welding but I’ve had numerous friends who are compliment their welds and build quality. I think CAP builds a quality product but since they are relatively new to doing this full time I’d suggest making sure you know exactly what you want. He can certainly build it but won’t prod you for upgrades that you might even know you want. And since this forum is pic heavy, and even though I’m terrible at taking good pics here’s a few of some cooks over the last month or so.

dec6b33d0a98395acaaaa7510f926b61.jpg

41484851045a1a7eec16a312558639cd.jpg

9dbd44365e20ded9fa5cd5b83d7bb898.jpg

6a8ab3d009a972042e5707c0c4ba4eca.jpg

cc30033ef58dc27c3f00a7dd8639b9e1.jpg

0d81ab4ee6f62c5a76ca09fca5944e18.jpg

3dfee607aa0b7d512acafa5de80cabce.jpg

Nice looking food. I don’t see any problems with your photos. Looking forward to more of them.

Nice looking smoker.

Need to keep CAP in mind: relatively close to me where if I were to buy I could just go an pick it up.

Nice looking cooks for sure. Great to hear you are able to have some cash flowing while diong something you enjoy doing. Keep up the good work and good luck!

That's some killer cooking! I can see why your orders are increasing. That brisket... you making a Texan jealous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's some killer cooking! I can see why your orders are increasing. That brisket... you making a Texan jealous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! But have to confess I was born and raised in Houston. Dabbled in BBQ back in TX many years ago but got serious about it when I couldn’t find anything in the Pittsburgh area that met my expectations for quality Q.

Back