• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Firin' up the Fox 2013

FirinUpTheFox

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thank you all who participated in our 2012 Firin' Up the Fox Event.

We are busy working to ensure that we can hold our second annual event in 2013.

Saving you from all of the politics, the organization that was running St. Charles Riverfest (Pride of the Fox), and was going to run the 2013 event, has dissolved and we are actively looking to partner with another organization to support our event as a stand alone contest.

Those discussions are underway and once finalized, we'll get sanctioning and formally begin accepting applications. We are now targeting the weekend of July 5-7, 2013 and as part of the discussions, I would love to be able to show the organizations that we are talking with how much interest there is in our contest.

Please take a moment to fill out our survey, if you think you might compete in our contest on July 5-7, 2013 in either the KCBS, Amateur, or Kids Q competition. I can use these results to show these organizations how successful we can be.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/78BGNST

Thanks

Kevin - Firin' Up the Fox

Good luck Kevin. We had a awesome time at it!

As my first KCBS Contest, I had a blast. Some pretty serious competition, but well put together. Thanks for all the hard work Kevin.

Hoping to compete in the amateur part of the contest this year. Just filled out the survey.

If you get a weekend that doesnt coincide with an existing contest we may be interested .

What's the status of this, Kevin? The Sam's Local in Madison is on July 5 & 6 and we're signed up for that along with several other Chicago area teams.

I agree with Ron, I'm scheduled for Madison but would really like to cook this event if held on another weekend. You should check out June....

You would leave Wisconsin? :boink:

:becky:

You funny guy you . Just cause I havent made it to the homeland (YUP I am a FIB) doesnt mean I dont leave Wi. :blah::blah::blah: We have only cooked about 30 contests in our time give or take a few and off the top of my balding lil head I think 10 maybe 11 were out of state. I did judge Libertyville once ...that count ? I have wanted to cook libertyville but something usually comes up. Like its colder then crap :caked: With my non BBQ schedule doin any more is tuff. I will miss several Wi comps this year due to date changes vs prior commitments. Trying to figure where to make those up. May as well put one of our I Passes to work with the BBQ trailer. Ya dont have any extra sticky thingies for the window for those do ya ? Need to change one out for an april trip to Rockford .

Ya dont have any extra sticky thingies for the window for those do ya ? Need to change one out for an april trip to Rockford .

I don't, but they'll send them to you. I think it's free. Or you can pick them up at a tollway oasis.

I don't, but they'll send them to you. I think it's free. Or you can pick them up at a tollway oasis.

I will look at the website. I thought maybe we would throw one of our I passes in one of the others who are going down for the HOF thing.

I barely remember seeing Coz in Indiana one time. He might have been lost and asking for directions, but I believe he was there. :tongue:

I barely remember seeing Coz in Indiana one time. He might have been lost and asking for directions, but I believe he was there. :tongue:

No Chit I was lost :shock::shock: I see those scores in my nitemares regularly . Good thing we werent at the fairgrounds that day!

I emailed Laura about contest info this week. They still have to get permission for the festival first before the contest details will be known. The festival approval will be presented to the city board in a couple weeks. I doubt they would move the festival date to accommodate the contest imo. It would be a shame to lose this one so close to home. And a bitter pill for you Ron L since this is your backyard and you missed out on this last year too.

I would love to do this one again. We had some distractions last year, but are look forward to a more normal run this year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Back