The Payoff... 1st brisket.

ThePerfectBeard

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So it turned out pretty good. The smoke was just right and it was pretty tender. Not sure if the brisket was choice or what, but my guests and I were pretty happy. Smoked unwrapped on a WSM until 165º w/ cherry wood and no water. I'll have to work on the smoke ring and making it look more like franklin's :wink:

Anyone know the best way to store the leftovers?

Looks Pretty Tasty. :thumb:

Ill slice the whole flat and sauce it and chop the point and sauce it and put in Tupperware in Fridge.

You can Vacum Seal Bag it - slices with a lil Beef Broth and freeze if need be. Then just boil the bag when you wanna eat some.

Looks Pretty Tasty. :thumb:

Ill slice the whole flat and sauce it and chop the point and sauce it and put in Tupperware in Fridge.

You can Vacum Seal Bag it - slices with a lil Beef Broth and freeze if need be. Then just boil the bag when you wanna eat some.

Nice, I didn't think about boiling a vac bag. Thanks for the tip. From what I read was to leave the brisket in chunks and not to slice, but that sounds like a better idea.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

They say leave it whole cuz sliced dries out fast but I sauce it - Stubbs (thinned a lil) or Vac Bag it with a lil Beef Broth so it don't matter.......

When refrigerating just be sure the hunks of meat are small enough to cool in a reasonable time.

Smoke rings are cool but mostly for show. If you like the smoke flavor that's enough. It's odd though I thought wsm make for nice rings.

When refrigerating just be sure the hunks of meat are small enough to cool in a reasonable time.

Smoke rings are cool but mostly for show. If you like the smoke flavor that's enough. It's odd though I thought wsm make for nice rings.

Good looking hunk of beef. When I smoke brisket I always do at least 3 flats at a time, I slice them, then Foodsaver bag with a little of the jus from the foil and freeze. When reheating I defrost first, then just toss the bag in the micro and heat on 50% power until they are hot. Turns out great for me.

Nice job on your first time out of the gate!
To store it depends... if I am going to eat it soon and it's just going in the fridge, then I leave it whole and slice off what we want for each meal.
If freezing, then I cut it into portions and vacuseal.

Cause there is nothing better then reaching into the freezer and finding BBQ...

Nicely done. You're bark looks awesome.

My first brisket lacked the smoke ring too, not sure why.

I had a very similar incident. I did my first brisket this weekend and had very little to no smoke ring. I did a stick burn and had a nice blue smoke the whole cook. I didn't have any leftovers, 13lb brisket was gone as it was for the family Easter lunch.. I wrapped mine in parchment after about 5 hours and it was at 160° when I did that.

Back