• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival 10/15-10/16, Nelsonville, Ohio

beardjp

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
1 month to go and 21 teams registered for Nelsonville, Ohio. Who is coming to the party on the Public Square in Nelsonville?

JayAre-B-Q will be there...This one is always a great time!:cool:

Working on getting our application in, but Brutus and Company is planning on making the trip.

Looks like we are going to make it this year. Less than 2 hours from mom :-D Do you think they will make 25 teams?

Well I will be there in spirit. I go in hospital on Oct 6th and get out on Oct. 10th. Total knee replacement. So wont be able to make it but have a bottle of jack and will drink a 9:22 shot for all you guys(wait a minute) is there enough shots in that bottle????/ Better get another bottle. Jay Are give em hell for me. Brian drink one in the Mine for me...............

Registration went out Monday. Velvet Smoke will be there! Should be a huge jump in team count on the next update. A lot of teams at Greenfield said they were going and the thought was other teams would be jumping in since another comp was cancelled that same weekend. See you all there!

Been busier (Is that a word?) than a 3 peckered billy goat. My app will go in on monday once I see it's alright for me to sneek out for that weekend. 90% sure Fowl Butt will be down to donate. :ballchain:

I am missing it this year.....ugh, have to go on a retreat with my soldiers, and have some returning from across the pond......so I will be busy, but, I will be there in spirit....

I just noticed on the turn in schedule, that sausage will be added as a category. All my comps have been straight KCBS categories. Made plenty o' fatties and ABTs, but what are the rules generally with regard to what you can put in them? Straight sausage with various seasonings, or are stuff'd fatties permitted?

I just noticed on the turn in schedule, that sausage will be added as a category. All my comps have been straight KCBS categories. Made plenty o' fatties and ABTs, but what are the rules generally with regard to what you can put in them? Straight sausage with various seasonings, or are stuff'd fatties permitted?

Thanks Rok - I noticed that as well but haven't given it much thought. I'm assuming it is an optional category similar to a dessert entry in that you have license to present in any manner you wish. Some clarification would be great.

I emailed Dan, but figured there might be other thinking about it and a response here would be a more public forum.

Sorry I have been away! I got busy with my regular job when the Nelsonville area had a little wind and was hit with an EF2 Tornado on 9/16. Needless to say I have been wrapped up in the recovery efforts over the past few weeks. Back to work!!

We have 37 teams listed on the website as of the time of this post, so yes we will be a qualifier. I need to double check on the sausage category but if I remember correctly we were going to get a sponsor to donate all the meat, so all teams will start at the same level. A little head to head competition, but let me make sure. I hope to get information out to all teams ASAP. I am hoping to do a major update of the website this weekend.

The town is ready to welcome everyone back for another great weekend on the Public Square.

Latest word on the sausage category:

SAUSAGE CATEGORY
Participants may use any type of sausage, including stuffed fatties and bacon explosions. Standard KCBS rules on garnish and presentation apply to this category.

So looks like it's pretty much wide open to what you can fit in a turn in box...
Should be posted on the website soon.

all the best to everyone heading out for Nelsonville....I will be missing the Mineshaft for sure!

Back