Back from my 1st cookoff-Kings Mountain

B

bige1

Hello everyone, I'm hooked now ,ive always enjoyed cooking outside but cooking on the competition is a blast. it was the kingsmountain fire house cookoff. i finished 28th in chicken - 15th in ribs -last in pork (i tried something new injecting the meat and totally messed it up) next to last in brisket(it was my first time cooking a brisket and i cooked it way to long) It was a fun learning experience and meeting new people and im really looking forward to my next cookoff . catch youalllater ...eric (big E bbq)

bige1 said:
Hello everyone, I'm hooked now ,ive always enjoyed cooking outside but cooking on the competition is a blast. it was the kingsmountain fire house cookoff. i finished 28th in chicken - 15th in ribs -last in pork (i tried something new injecting the meat and totally messed it up) next to last in brisket(it was my first time cooking a brisket and i cooked it way to long) It was a fun learning experience and meeting new people and im really looking forward to my next cookoff . catch youalllater ...eric (big E bbq)

Well Eric--you jumped right in with the Big Boys at Kings Mountain!
Nothing wrong with those numbers for a first event, for sure!
The brisket will come to you with practice.

Stop into Cattle Call and introduce yourself to the Brethren.
Glad to have you here.

TIM

Moderator's Note: Added event name to title just to clarify.

Practicing for STL are we?

See you there! 14 teams have signed up looking for that magic 15 or above. Can't wait to meet all the new teams this year and have that same kinda blast.

Marty

Welcome to the dark side!!

Do stop by Cattle Call and introduce yourself to everyone!!

bige1 said:
These BBQ contests are like a narcotic. One contest and you are hooked. I am also a BBQ Contest Junkie and love every minute of it. I can tell that you do too.

WTG Eric! The first one is always the hardest....now you kinda know what to expect...best of luck to you this season!

I have to say that's gutsy going to your first comp and never having done a brisket... and then not coming in last (next to last isn't last!). Good luck on your next one!

Congrats on your first contest.I hated we missed Kings Mtn.Our company picnic fell on the same weekend this year and thats why we missed it.Sure was perfect weather this past weekend.

Willy T.

Back