Stl ribs on the minnie

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Cold windy day for Georgia so I decided to smoke a rack of St Louis spares and a naked fattie on the 14.5 WSM. The fattie was a Jimmy Dean Maple rubbed with Oak Ridge Dominator. Sorry I didn't think to take pics of that but it was awesome as always. I sliced it up and we snacked on it dipped in Yes Dear Red. Y'all gotta try this sauce.
All was smoked at around 250 with KBB and six large fist sized chunks of hickory. About 60/40 charcoal to wood ratio. Glazing sauce was Blues Hog Smokey Mountain.

Last edited:
Nice looking bones ya got there buddy! I'll say this, I've tried several different brands and flavors for fatties. The last one I cooked was a maple Jimmy Dean. That is the best fatty I've ate yet.

Yummmm....

I have 3 grandsons, I pretty much make what they like too!

Nice looking bones ya got there buddy! I'll say this, I've tried several different brands and flavors for fatties. The last one I cooked was a maple Jimmy Dean. That is the best fatty I've ate yet.

I've tried 7 or 8 different brands. Anything Jimmy Dean is better than any other brand that I have tried. The maple was totally awesome but I really could not taste the maple. Maybe the Dominator and the heavy hickory smoke overpowered it. Neither Ms Gwen nor myself could tell the difference between the maple and the original mild.

Nice looking ribs ....That little cooker will hold more food than you think .

Nice looking ribs ....That little cooker will hold more food than you think .
Thanks and yes the little thing holds plenty of food and smokes as well as anything. I'm going to do a double smoked ham on it for T'day.

Good looking ribs! Haven't cooked any in a while. May have to pick up some!

Looking good, brother. :hungry:

I agree, Jimmy Dean is great for fatties, Bob Evans is right up there too.

I've tried 7 or 8 different brands. Anything Jimmy Dean is better than any other brand that I have tried. The maple was totally awesome but I really could not taste the maple. Maybe the Dominator and the heavy hickory smoke overpowered it. Neither Ms Gwen nor myself could tell the difference between the maple and the original mild.

if ya notice in any of my cook pictures that has raw meat. I normally am real light when it comes to rubs and seasonings. Which maybe in return let me taste the maple flavor from the fatty.

Looking good, brother. :hungry:

I agree, Jimmy Dean is great for fatties, Bob Evans is right up there too.
Bob Evans products are pretty much gone from this area. Even their restaurants have all gone out from here. BE was big here 20 years ago but no more. If I run across some I will pick it up and give it a try. Thanks!

Man those are some good looking ribs! Wish I had a couple right now. Great job Cheez!

Back