Wifi Thermometers

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking for a good wireless thermometer option that will sync to my phone. I don't need it to graph or do anything fancy. Just need a couple meat probes and a grill probe with temp display on my phone. Range will need to be through a few walls into the house but is only about 25-30 feet away. Will be using it on a Shirley I have ordered. I've looked at the thermoworks and igrill so far

Appreciate any feedback

Big Green Egg XL
Shirley RF on order
Offset build project

I have the Igrill with a four probe max. I'm extremely satisfied with it. It has the graph capability, but like you it has very little use for me. I do like the preset target temps that it has. You select which meat you are cooking, and it saves the target temp. You get an alarm ten degrees before target, and a second alarm when it reaches target. You also have the capability of entering your own target. Hope that helps.

I have had a Tappacue for a year now. If it went bad I would get another in a heartbeat. It graphs, allerts, and they are adding other features. It's not cheap but a excellent product.

Ive used mine with both an Ipad and Iphone without any issues at all

Bought the igrill2 primarily for when at comps for multiple meat monitoring. Works great. At home, the BT signal is lost from my lazy boy which is the other end of the house from where my grill is at. Tapacue needs a network and why I didn't go that way for comps

I have a tappecue, used it twice and love it.

I like the I grill2 a lot but just couldn't keep the blue tooth connection inside my house 50 feet away. Others have had better luck I think with it. It did work great outside.

For four probe Igrill vs a 4 probe tappecue I think the $50 extra is worth for the wifi. The wifi comes in handy if something comes up and you have to leave for a bit.

I'll place another vote for the iGrill2 connected via Bluetooth. Works great with my iPhone and reaches much further than my old Maverick did.

I'll be curious to see how the Meater I kickstarted will do in comparison when they reach fulfillment.

Thanks everyone. Looks like the igrill needs to run the wire outside of the smoker to the main hookup right? I don't want to drill any holes so I have to find something that can just stay inside the smoker.

This recently funded Kickstarter campaign would probably be of interest to you!

[ame="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1977846026/meater-the-first-truly-wireless-smart-meat-thermom"]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1977846026/meater-the-first-truly-wireless-smart-meat-thermom[/ame]

Back