Chop-Top Weber Pizzakettle

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got my inspiration from @varekai on this Weber pizza oven mod. Look away if the harming of kettles leaves you squeamish!

Two lids were sacrificed for this mod, I took one that had a missing handle and shaved it to fit inside the "P" 1993 Silver 3 wheeler. A double insulated lid-

Big Green Egg Large Pizza stone for now

Very happy with the results-heats up fast and raising the pies in the dome is a breeze. A few briqs under the stone helps it heat up nicely.

stay hungry my friends!

Chop-Top Pizzakettle V2 Total RED Domination!

Had a Redhead with "issues" and since V1 worked so well, I took the plunge with the trusty China Freight cut-off tool! Look away-you were warned!

door for pre heating

it gets HOT!

Even with the double insulated lid, it gets so hot that the 500* engine paint starts to fade.

Gotta work on my dough skillz now!

Nice work!

The pies look AWESOME!!!

Hard to tell from the pic's do the two lids seal together to close off a dead air space?

1/4" gap between the lids at the moment. I may get some superwool insulation and pad it between the two lids.

Very creative!

I make a lot of pizza and I'm always working on my dough. Some day I'll get there.... :)

Looks great Brian! I am trying to figure out the door, any chance you could post some pictures of it?

Brian,

That is awesome!! Did you use a grinder with a cutting wheel? Can you post of the cutting tool you used? I've used cutting wheel before and the enamel really flies! I can see where using the tape helps alleviate that issue. I have some extra kettles that I don't use much. I think this would make for a great project!!

Reusing the cut out with the magnets to make a door is genius!
Bob

Back